Wild First (test shots) of the owl with a 500mm

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
I have finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a 500mm f4 , it does feels very strange to be photographing the owl so much further away than i usualy do.
However it does give me a lot more options in the type of shots i can achieve ,normaly i have to set up with the 300mm and just stick to one type of shot,the 500mm gives me a whole new field of view ,its going to take some time to get used to using it all the time but it shouldnt take to long ,heres one with the lens tonight ....500mm f4 iso 800 1/250 sec tripod mounted..PS sorry about the awfull copyright ,i have had to do it as some of my shots have been turning up were they shouldnt have Little owl 11th May 2016 (1 of 1)-2 by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cracking Den, cannot wait to see you images with the 500 going forward, not good someone stealing your images :( I've seen watermarking done really neat before cannot remember who but they would embed the text really small in discreet places (but lots of places to make it hard to remove or even notice)

Looks like the 500 will be a winner for you den, another superb shot.

Cracking Den, cannot wait to see you images with the 500 going forward, not good someone stealing your images :( I've seen watermarking done really neat before cannot remember who but they would embed the text really small in discreet places (but lots of places to make it hard to remove or even notice)
Thanks Adam..i am going to try and do a more discreet one,i am just not very good when it comes to stuff like that and i am not a lover of them on my pics

Thanks Adam..i am going to try and do a more discreet one,i am just not very good when it comes to stuff like that and i am not a lover of them on my pics

Me neither and it's a real shame when you have to do it but guess it should be a compliment ;)

Den sentiments shared on copyright on images and more than slightly XXXX off that someone would take your hard won work,mate you deserve these pics for efforts put in.

Anyway,really I want to congratulate you on the new beast( you are gonna get stronger bro:D), add love the pic, and beyond that can't bloody wait for what will follow from this:banana:
Sorry brief but had to offer up a degree of excitement and some outrage.

keep them coming Den wish I had more time both to comment and post
take care kiddo

Stu

well done den ,wish one was in my sights ,unless i win some money no chance

Very nice enjoy your new lens

Rob.

I love your new colours! :)

Welcome to the long nose clan! …my son says! :exit:

Cracking shot. Could I ask what body you used for this please, I ask as I have Nikon D7100 and I find cropping tends to get a bit noisy, even on low ISO, and am thinking of changing.

Great capture Den, I have the 500mm II, it is a cracking lens. I too have the 1D MK IV. Looking forward to seeing more off you using this combo.

Back