First try out of 1D in anger

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
and it's great :D Took about 2000 shots for the day, just copying them onto the PC now, quality straight from the cam is in a different class, JPEG's just look nicer for some reason, must be something to do with the way the processing is set up :shrug: Metering seems to be right more often than not, focussing definitely appears quicker although I think I've a few in the morning out of focus, just me getting used to it I think.

I'll put some more up later but this one's of one of the 65's, about 8 years old, he lives to get pics with his feet off the pegs :D

Oh, and it was dusty, VERY dusty, despite the weather sealing I found some in the CF compartment, I've had to shower out all of my compartments, wife wouldn't let me into the house until I'd stripped down to my boxers :LOL:

ML1W3116.jpg

Ooh! A 1d! :eek:

Which version Dod? 2000 shots a day will soon fill that hard drive, Terrabyte storage unit?

I mean REALLY dusty :D
ML1W2860.jpg

HIMUPNORTH said:
Ooh! A 1d! :eek:

Which version Dod? 2000 shots a day will soon fill that hard drive, Terrabyte storage unit?

Second hand MkII :) Don't do 2000 every day but I will have to do a clear out shortly :(

I've noticed the jpegs are really ace, makes it difficult to be arsed with RAW sometimes. :)

Quality camera dod. Enjoy it mate..:)

Joe T said:
Good to hear you are liking it. It makes me hanker for a D200 or D2x. :)

I got a try of a guys D2X at this a couple of months ago, awesome :)

Did I say how dusty it was :LOL:

ML1W3750.jpg

ML1W3827.jpg

ML1W3614.jpg

very cool

Nice.

I can see the grin on your face from here :)

The thing which hits me straight away is how classy that colour is. It was the first thing I noticed with the 1D.

Thanx for sharing some of the experience with us Dod !

Looks cool ... and did you say it was DUSTY ???

Nice shots.

Looks like you going to get on just fine with the 1DMKII;)

Ta for the comments

CT said:
The thing which hits me straight away is how classy that colour is. It was the first thing I noticed with the 1D.
Yep, not as harsh as the 20, it’s like a smoother transition between tones for some reason.

InaGlo said:
Wow!
Great captures you have there, really caught the action... though werent you sweating it just a little with all that dust & a new cam, lol!
A bit, but not too much. Reason I went for this was the weather sealing, the only thing I was a bit worried about was the lens but it can always be sent off for a clean if necessary.

Back