North England First Visit to Tarn Hows in Cumbria next week (First stop is Wildlife Park)

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Next week I'll be driving to the Lake District Wildlife Park in North Cumbria. Setting off at 8am to arrive there at around 10:30-ish. I'll be there for a couple or so hours.
It will be my third visit and I'm planning on taking face shots (for a change) and trying to fill the frame.

-----

If time allows, and if I feel like it, I may drive 30 miles South to Tarn Hows. It will take around 1 hour to arrive there, or a little more depending on traffic.
(Two hours to drive home from both places).

It's my first time going there.

I'll probably take my camera rucksack (in case of bad weather) all three lenses, and tripod.

Does anyone have any tips? I don't want to shoot the views that everyone takes. But I probably will.

Route from Park to Tarn Hows

Last edited:
Lovely place, we were there a few weeks ago.

The 'easy shots' are from the higher path near the car park. The view towards The Langdales is irresistible and almost impossible to not photograph. :)

Decent size NT carpark and a nice easy walk around the lake, about an hour. Will probably be very busy.

Do you pay for the car park?

Just realised I could stop at Ashness Bridge on the way down South. Also typical there's a National Trust car park that you have to pay for, and two more close by :mad:

Read a review for the bridge and one says it's a pound for 30mins, which isn't too bad.

Back