First wedding tomorow

Edit My Images
No
.....and it's pouring down. Hope it clears up.

Any novel ideas for bad weather weddings? Particularly the B&G portraits?

Thankfully it's a nice bright venue so if we are stuck indoors we still should manage some decent shots.

Any novel ideas for bad weather weddings? Particularly the B&G portraits?

Yes. If it's your first wedding and you're stuck inside, forget the "novel ideas". Just play safe and take bog standard Nice Pictures of them. Seriously. That might not be what you want but it's what they want. And what their mums want.

All you can do is what you can do. The worst thing you can do if it's wet outside is try to persuade the bride to go outside. If she suggests it, fine - then it's her own fault if she gets the bottom of her dress wet and mucky.

You say the place is nice and bright, so you won't be struggling for light, so no worries with the couple shots but do watch out for signs, light fittings and suchlike in your backgrounds. If you're pushed for space for the groups, all you do is split them up into smaller ones after having explained to the assembled multitude why that's necessary. If you get some awkward sod who insists that there's enough space for a particular group if they pose like he suggests, just say "OK, we'll give it a go just for you but we'll do it my way first" then do just that. Just remember that when pushed for space with groups, the way forward is less people - not extreme wide angle.

Hope it went well and you didn't have rain all day. Look forward to seeing a few shots from the day.

Weddings in this country are hit and miss weather wise no matter what time of year it is.
Rain in August, Sun in January
All 4 seasons in one day.

This country is a total lottery for weather!

Hope it went ok!

After doing a couple of wedding photos for friends, I can safely say that wedding photographers deserve every penny they charge

My first wedding rained as well. Luckily I'd bought a number of umbrellas and incorporated them into some of the shots but mainly did indoor ones. Hope it went ok for you!

Back