Firth of Forth sunset

Two "Excellent" shots Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

The way I see it… from this side… my side…
it all depends… I mean… OTH… perhaps if…
I mean… as one may guess… never mind,
I love that stuff, Alf! (y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO::wacky:

Two "Excellent" shots Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Thanks George

That's some sky! Nice that there was a convenient pillar to hide the sun behind in the first ;) and I like the way the bridges don't dominate the image but just tie it together.

Thanks Jan I moved to get the sun behind that pillar

The way I see it… from this side… my side…
it all depends… I mean… OTH… perhaps if…
I mean… as one may guess… never mind,
I love that stuff, Alf! (y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO::wacky:

Thankyou Kodiak

Evening Alf,

They're both belting images but the second one does it for me. The longer I look at the image the more I see; I like the industrialisation of the foreground and then the middle layer that I expect is urban sprawl and finally onto the mountain in the background.

James

Evening Alf,

They're both belting images but the second one does it for me. The longer I look at the image the more I see; I like the industrialisation of the foreground and then the middle layer that I expect is urban sprawl and finally onto the mountain in the background.

James

Thanks James the second turned out better than I expected

Very nice photos Alf.

Thanks Joel

Very nice, love the colours in the second - that's my kind of landscape :)

Thanks Ned the colours are what led me to change from 9mm to 200mm (on m4/3) for the shot.

They're lovely images! Great work!

The first one screams Postcard to me :)

The first one is spot on, full bridge in frame and perfect light.

The rail bridge was behind me Geof

i saw your other post and began to realise where you were standing...near the quay at the south queensferry??
it must be difficult to get all three in now...there is a wooded riverside walk under the rail bridge going east...but a conglomeration of three bridges would be a mess
thanks for clearing that up
where else did you visit?
cheers
geof

The first one is spot on, full bridge in frame and perfect light.
Thanks mate
i saw your other post and began to realise where you were standing...near the quay at the south queensferry??
it must be difficult to get all three in now...there is a wooded riverside walk under the rail bridge going east...but a conglomeration of three bridges would be a mess
thanks for clearing that up
where else did you visit?
cheers
geof
Geof
We had been to Edinburgh for the day on a whim. As we set off I decided I wanted to see the bridges and we took a detour to Queensferry at the harbour. We had fish and chips (I had haggis and chips) watched the sunset I took some shot then drove home to West Cumbria.

Last edited:
Thanks mate
Geof
We had been to Edinburgh for the day on a whim. As we set off I decided I wanted to see the bridges and we took a detour to Queensferry at the harbour. We had fish and chips (I had haggis and chips) watched the sunset I took some shot then drove home to West Cumbria.

good touring
we used to do a blast to the lakes from manchester or llandudno...fish and chips as well and then homeward bound... around 90 minutes on motorways
for edinburgh we used to go A74 then biggar way
glad you liked the haggis..:D
my favourite tipple in my homeland with chips is finnan haddie..one doesnt see it down here..:(

Really nice and well worth the detour. Im sure you glad you swung by for a sunset as good as that.

good touring
we used to do a blast to the lakes from manchester or llandudno...fish and chips as well and then homeward bound... around 90 minutes on motorways
for edinburgh we used to go A74 then biggar way
glad you liked the haggis..:D
my favourite tipple in my homeland with chips is finnan haddie..one doesnt see it down here..:(
I have eaten haggis regularly all my life as my Mam is a Scot. I usually get haggis at local chillies.
I have not seen smoked haddock in a chippy myself.

Last edited:
Really nice and well worth the detour. Im sure you glad you swung by for a sunset as good as that.
Thanks I enjoyed the detour

I have eaten haggis regularly all my life as my Mam is a Scot. I usually get haggis at local chillies.
I have not seen smoked haddock in a chippy myself.
yes...its not quite the delicious taste of fresh uk cod...but i like the flavour and smell
next time i am in workington i will put one through your letterbox...:D
cheers
geof

yes...its not quite the delicious taste of fresh uk cod...but i like the flavour and smell
next time i am in workington i will put one through your letterbox...:D
cheers
geof

How do they serve it in a chippy?
I love smoked fish myself in fact smoked food in general. Smoked haddock is great in a fish pie.
Oh yeah you wont find my letterbox in Workington I do not live there

How do they serve it in a chippy?
I love smoked fish myself in fact smoked food in general. Smoked haddock is great in a fish pie.
Oh yeah you wont find my letterbox in Workington I do not live there

corvi-s.jpg

Rosie corvi's..the original Bo'ness...in scotland

in a chippy it comes as do the other fish...with batter..
at home i guess just plain with some butter perhaps...only had it from chippies...good to eat in the rain as you walk home from the movies...used to get two "smokies"...from the chippy to my house it was about a mile...ate one...then pushed myself along past the half way mark...and ate the other

hmmm
moved eh...trying to put me off the scent..:D
must be someone else...nearby....
ok i peeked..not a bad guess for an old foggy brain
cheers
geof

Last edited:
corvi-s.jpg

Rosie corvi's..the original Bo'ness...in scotland

in a chippy it comes as do the other fish...with batter..
at home i guess just plain with some butter perhaps...only had it from chippies...good to eat in the rain as you walk home from the movies...used to get two "smokies"...from the chippy to my house it was about a mile...ate one...then pushed myself along past the half way mark...and ate the other

hmmm
moved eh...trying to put me off the scent..:D
must be someone else...nearby....
ok i peeked..not a bad guess for an old foggy brain
cheers
geof

Interesting I have never thought of battered smoked fish before.I did see a deep fried pizza with brown sauce being served while I waited for my haggis and chips.
I am a Whitehaven lad born and bred Geof I live just outside now though.

That first one is top drawer, well done.

Thanks Dale

Interesting I have never thought of battered smoked fish before.I did see a deep fried pizza with brown sauce being served while I waited for my haggis and chips.
I am a Whitehaven lad born and bred Geof I live just outside now though.

Thanks Dale

what about the mars bar in batter idea..

1200px-DeepFriedMarsBar.jpg

when i worked on construction the riggers used to have mars bars on rolls for their snacks
cheers
geof

what about the mars bar in batter idea..

1200px-DeepFriedMarsBar.jpg

when i worked on construction the riggers used to have mars bars on rolls for their snacks
cheers
geof

Thats somewhere between a pineapple fritter and Churros but deep fried bounty is supposed to be really good. The mars in aroll is little different to a jam sandwich or sugar sandwich.

Back