Fisherman's Tale.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
We buried my brother Pete last Monday. He'd been diagnosed as having inoperable terminal cancer only a few weeks earlier, and I have to say he dealt with the situation like a true hero, never moaned once but resolved to spend as much time Carp fishing as he possibly could and most days when he could manage it, he did just that.

On his very last fishing outing just about a week before he died, he caught his last fish of the day about a 12lb carp, not at all a big one by the standards of this particular pool. His companions fixed him up with the fish on his lap, seated in a chair in order to take the obligatory photo as his mobility was drastically reduced by this stage. Having taken the shot, one of the guys told Pete to hang on a moment and he's take the fish and slip it back in the water with all the care and reverence which anglers do with these prized fish.

Before they could do so Pete lobbed the fish through the air in a large arc and it entered the water with a huge splash and a plume of water. His companions were horrified and shouted "Pete what are you playing at?"

Pete just said "F@ck it!!" :LOL:

Sorry to hear that CT, sounds like he managed to keep a sense of humour though.

Excellent memory there mate, one of those small moments I think where everything bad just disappears for a moment, and all thats left is a good giggle...

Thanks for sharing that CT. It puts life into perspective.

regards

a lovely story CT, sorry to hear about your loss too.

Great story and it should always bring a smile to your face when you are thinking about him. Always better to remember the good. :)

CT said:
Pete just said "F@ck it!!" :LOL:

We spend too much time worrying about what we haven't got and what we want. When what we should be doing is concentraiting on what's important in life, throwing fish in the air and saying 'F@ck it!!'

Sounds like he had the correct perspective. :)

A very sad loss for you CT but you will treasure the mountain of memories you shared with him such as this one in particular.. :)

My sincere condolences mate..:(

It's those precious moments that can sum up the person for you...... to be able to remember your brother with such a positive & humourous story.

Thoughts are with you.

Obviously a man after my own heart there!

I'm sorry you've had to endure the loss of an obviously well loved family member.

Peace x

Condolences and thanks CT.

I shall raise a :beer: in honour of your Brother and those left behind.

Thanks guys, but it wasn't meant to be a sad story. Pete was a pleasure to be with during those few weeks and he frequently had everyone in stitches. :)

I did edit out a :LOL: smiley as I thought it may have been inappropriate, but now with your explanation, I will happily admit the story did make me laugh heartily.
If more of your memories are like this one, then you will no doubt have some very funny memories to keep with you....

Sorry to hear of your loss CT. Pleased you have many a fond memory to recall.
Ken.

Back