Fishing Osprey

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of the more observant viewers will note the similarity of the first shot to that of Ian's, which isn't surprising given we were sat next to each other at the time :D

4674936864_ed8295320d_b.jpg

And this one is after another successful fishing dive, shaking its feathers as it flies off with the trout.

4674937898_e52b4784cd_b.jpg

Both taken with a Canon 50D, 500mm F4 + 1.4TC, tripod-mounted. Processed in Raw Therapee, and PS Elements. Both shots are over the 800 pixel limit so might have been squished a little for displaying here - there are a few more on my Bird Gallery (in my footer).

:)

Very good indeed.

Love the light in the 2nd one.

Both good shots there, the spray of water coming off the tallons/tail in the first one is impressive, but my fav is the second with the water droplets catching the light and the detail of the bird (y)

Great shots, i guess these were taken up at rothy if so do you think its worth the money. Was thinking about going so would be nice to get an idea from those who have been (y)

Cheers folks - 2nd one is my favourite as it happens.

Yes, was at Rothimurcus. Worth the money - definitely, if not for the chance of such shots, for the experience of seeing these awesome birds fishing, circling, diving, missing - I won't be forgetting the couple of days in a hurry. On the second day, after the light had gone I stood and watched 3 ospreys trying to fish over one of the pools. Fabulous.

Very nice - no2 is a cracker with that spray.

Two super shots.
Good wing tip blur in No1 and the water droplets in No2 really add to the shots.

Quality. No 2 for me, stunning(y)

Superb mate (y)

Get some more on of the Trip don't let Ian pinch all the glory.

Regards

Richard

Thanks all - absolutely right Richard - Ian's too quick on these image processing matters, but then again, he's not in work at the mo... That said, I'll still air my versions of the shots! :D

They were taken at Rothiemurcus fishery, near Aviemore.

Pin sharp eyes on both these - not easy! That second shot is well different - love it!

The second shot with the water coming off the bird is superb bud.............(y)

what a rare and great subject matter Pete,and you have caught them superbly.

Back