Fitted Wardrobes

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Probably going to look at getting some neat year. Possibly for the kids rooms as well as our own. House is 15 years old so relatively small rooms, and having individual wardrobes etc... is not space efficient, especially as kids rooms had some of the roof sloping.

Any recommendations for the many companies out there - have seen a few that you can measure and fit yourself but would probably prefer one the they fit.

When we renovated our house a few years back we trudged round the usual suspects Hammonds, Sharpes had a look at the various DIY stores and a couple of local companies in the end we got a local carpenter to build and fit them, they are a lot more robust and although they weren't that much cheaper they are IMO better quality and more suited to our requirements.

We got a local company to do ours last year.. .(actually, could have been the year before?). We had Sharpes and some other company pop over, but the price difference between those and the local company was rather large. Not only that, but it was nice to be able to go into the local place regularly for updates etc.
Just as a point you may wish to consider, none of the companies provided backs for the wardrobes, it was basically a frame and the back of the wardrobe was the wall. I think that is the way these work, but me being a funny bugger, wanted backs on them, so the local company catered for this and fitted them with backs on. The owner of the business visited us afterwards and was well impressed with the backs... he said it may be something they would start to provide. :)

When we renovated our house a few years back we trudged round the usual suspects Hammonds, Sharpes had a look at the various DIY stores and a couple of local companies in the end we got a local carpenter to build and fit them, they are a lot more robust and although they weren't that much cheaper they are IMO better quality and more suited to our requirements.

Exactly what we done when we moved into this place. Had him back 6 months later to do the same in the spare room.

Another option that a cousin did was to build the wardrobe themselves, so they got the shelving, hangers, and drawers how they wanted them and just had the sliding doors fitted by a local company.

We've used Sharpes in 2020 and 2021, a double install interrupted by COVID. I can't recommend them as the quality of the installs varied significantly and their customer service was nonexistent. They employ self employed fitters and the final quality reflects the quality of the installer assigned to your job. We had two different installers and the quality differed significantly.

In the future I would definitely find a local carpenter.

Back