Fixation- any one dealt with them?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I contacted Fixation by phone on Tuesday

Paid £14.40 for a replacement battery door for my Sony a7Riv - also next day delivery was included in the price

It had not arrived and the post has just been ( so much for next day delivery then) my issue or concern is this

On checking my bank statement I see I paid £14.40 to WEX in Norwich - slightly confused by this I contact WEX customer service via e mail

here-
Reason for query: Product enquiry
Order Number:
Customer Phone Number:

Customer Message: Do you supply battery doors for Sony cameras? Please

Regards Les

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEX reply

Good morning,

Unfortunately not as this is a service part. Please contact Sony directly.

Phone: 0207 365 2810

How would you rate my reply?
Great Okay Not Good

With kind regards,

Peter
Customer Service Team
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My response to that message from WEX

Now that is strange as I ordered one from Fixation. Yet my debit card say I paid WEX £14.40

still awaiting a response- could take a while

anyone have any idea's??

Les

Fixation is owned by WEX :)
Ok Thank you Roger- as you can see with the e mails above - I was not told that and they claim they don't stock the item I clearly paid them for :( and you will note I was directed to SONY

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Thank you Roger- as you can see with the e mails above - I was not told that and they claim they don't stock the item I clearly paid them for :( and you will note I was directed to SONY

Wex probably don't stock it, its fixation that stocks/sources it (since they sold it to you). It's just that they are owned by the same parent but two different businesses.
It won't be surprising if customer services people at Wex have no idea about it and they certainly won't know what fixation is selling or able to source for you.

As for postage next day deliveries come at a separate/different time to normal post at least in my area.
next day deliveries normally come with tracking information. did fixation provide you with one? if not can you contact them as ask for it?

Last edited:
Used Fixation in the past to replace a faulty shutter on a Canon 1dx and they were excellent, I'd have no hesitation in using them again.

Fixation Kennington fixed my 7d's broken body and shaken up 70-200 following a fall in the Scottish highlands a few years ago. Prompt and efficient service and a chilling "don't drop it again!" message from the lady that served me. I'd definitely use them again.

As a side note it's nice to see Sony charging such a reasonable price for a battery door, I would have imagined it being at least double that, if not more.
Yes I agree -£42 on eBay- still not arrived though :(

As for postage next day deliveries come at a separate/different time to normal post at least in my area.
next day deliveries normally come with tracking information. did fixation provide you with one? if not can you contact them as ask for it?
No tracking info - I'll ask for it tomorrow when they open :) Gave it until Saturday see if it came ( I didn't )

I ordered a battery door from them for my D7200 after watching a YouTube video on how to replace. Was disappointed all I got was the door flappy bit and not the whole housing. Now I have to figure out how to replace it. Oh, and mine was delivered about 3-4 days after ordering.

I never use WEX or Fixation after bad customer services and a poor repair !

Back