Flamingo's

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken today at the Zoo, C&C welcome :)

Only levels, size and a sharpen done nothing esle !

flamingo.jpg

flamingo2.jpg

Evil-eyed b*****s aren't they :suspect2: But, lovely shots, cracking bokeh and the colour is so vibrant.

regards

It's where the background goes beyond out of focus and the fuzziness takes on unrelated or abstract shapes. To me it's particularly evident in the second shot. The down side is that, sometimes, the background becomes more interesting than the subject. HTH.

regards

colours are fantastic Ian, with Flamingos, i like to see the whole bird, they are so graceful, but but ugly

Brilliant - really captured their expression well;)

It makes a change for you Ian... the zoo! :D

Nice colour and nice bokeh. The 100-400 has done you proud there.

stepheno said:
It's where the background goes beyond out of focus and the fuzziness takes on unrelated or abstract shapes. To me it's particularly evident in the second shot. The down side is that, sometimes, the background becomes more interesting than the subject. HTH.

regards

Cheers for the explanation.

Really vibrant colours you have captured - personally I think they are fabulous birds ... saw them in all their glory in Kenya ... Lake Nakuru I think !

For me the birds in focus would have benefited if they had been clear of others in the b/ground ... only mo of course !

Venomator said:
Really vibrant colours you have captured - personally I think they are fabulous birds ... saw them in all their glory in Kenya ... Lake Nakuru I think !

For me the birds in focus would have benefited if they had been clear of others in the b/ground ... only mo of course !

Thanks for the comments all :)

Venomator, i would have loved to seperate them but there were so many gettting any sort of shot without one in the background proved nearly impossible !

IanC_UK said:
Thanks for the comments all :)

Venomator, i would have loved to seperate them but there were so many gettting any sort of shot without one in the background proved nearly impossible !

I do understand that Ian - the problem with communal birds the world over ! :ponders:

But still pics to be proud of in any event ! :smilenod:

Back