Flash wanted but not clue which to get

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Canon 1300D, known as the Rebel T6 to those across the pond.

I want to get a flash for this, but, no idea which to get, been looking at the Yongnuo series of flashes, specifically the Yongnuo YN685 TTL HSS Wireless Flash Speedlite, but, does it specifically have to say that it is for my camera, the one on ebay I saw it said for Canon 7D II 5DII III 650D, but, didn't mention mine.

I did see ones for mine, or so they say, but, they are from China, I really want to go with a UK store in case there is issues, but, I am looking at around the £70-£90 mark for one.

Can someone please give me some advice, it feels like it is a minefield of problems.

Take a look at used or S/h MPB or LCE are just two dealers in used gear or try the classifieds here

Does a flash, like the Yongnuo YN685 TTL HSS have to specifically mention my camera, or, if it says Canon on it, will it work on all Canon cameras ?

Does a flash, like the Yongnuo YN685 TTL HSS have to specifically mention my camera, or, if it says Canon on it, will it work on all Canon cameras ?
Yongnuo have to reverse engineer the communication protocols, but that only guarantees that their products work on current and previous cameras, not on future ones.

I don't have specifics, but I know that some YN products have issues with the 5dsr and 1dxII, which are a similar age.

That one you linked has sold out, tomorrow I'll go into town and see if a certain shop has any, if not, I'll ask their advice.

After going on the Yongnuo store website and looking for loads of information on google, it looks like the YN685 is compatible with my camera, thanks for the help guys.

No camera shop is likely to recommend a product that they can't sell you -yongnuo, Godox and many others sell via the internet, dealers don't sell them because there's no profit after paying vat

Well, I ordered a YN685 off ebay, but, the seller messaged me to say they don't have it in their UK warehouse and said I could pay the extra for the YN600 EX-RT, which is cheeky imho, so, I've cancelled it, so, now going to have to wait ages to get my cash back, not a happy bunny.

I have just bought the YN685, as far as I can see, it seems to be the better of the yongnuo flashes, read very good reviews on this flash head, it should arrive tomorrow, got this one off amazon, so, I shall hopefully receive it some time tomorrow.

Back