Answered Flickr BB Code

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
I'm trying to post an image from Flickr, I copy the BB Code and this happens

Sheep 003 by
Jak Gunn, on Flickr

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong please?

What size are you trying to upload? I use large with 1024 being longest edge
In the past with Flickr, I've always used 2000 on the long side. They all loaded OK? I'll replace the image with a smaller one Gav, thanks.

Sheep 003 by
Jak Gunn, on Flickr

Well well! Sorted. Many thanks gav, much appreciated :)

Last edited:
In the past with Flickr, I've always used 2000 on the long side. They all loaded OK?
They would have been auto resized in the past, the forum update now seems less forgiving of oversizes.

In the past with Flickr, I've always used 2000 on the long side. They all loaded OK? I'll replace the image with a smaller one Gav, thanks.

When I used Flickr, I used to upload shots at the expected export size (1024px for here) so it (Flickr) didn't resize and resharpen the images (which tended to introduce visible haloing).

Was struggling yesterday with this. So images to Flickr also need to have a max 1024 on the longest edge - I cannot recall a method of downsizing from Flickr.

I always upload at full size and resolution to Flickr and then choose a BBCode for max 1024 for linking from TP. I haven't noticed what Nod referred to but don't doubt what he says - my images aren't probably good enough for it to be noticeable! It's a good point though, because there's no need to put eg 8Mb image files onto Flickr, just the size you need for online viewing.

I too am having a hard time with Flickr uploads.

Seems I always get URL text with the images see HERE
just using the BBCode in the insert link icon.

I too am having a hard time with Flickr uploads.

Seems I always get URL text with the images see HERE
just using the BBCode in the insert link icon.
I've no idea what that is / why that should be.
as long as you follow THIS there shouldn't be an issue.

Test image

IMG_8806 by Cobra, on Flickr

Screenshot 2023-06-25 183822.jpg

Last edited:
As Gav said just paste the url straight into the reply box

OK
edited my linked image and done the paste into message box, seems to have worked, no text on top of image.

Back