Flickr groups

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Like many of us here, I use Flickr and I might add the odd photo to one or two relevant groups.

But looking at some other contributors photos I see they are often listed in dozens and dozens of groups. I've just counted one as being in 76 different groups!

Is there some sort of tool for managing large numbers of groups like this?

Is there some sort of tool for managing large numbers of groups like this?
What do you want to achieve?
- meaningful comments? - group spamming doesn't work
- ego spinach? - group spamming will gain a few extra views, maybe some likes, and definitely a metric f***ton of glittery sh*t and animated gif comments if that's your thing

Especially annoying when they spam groups with inappropriate photos without even realising.
No idea how they are doing so many for every picture, it's pathetic.

What do you want to achieve?
- meaningful comments? - group spamming doesn't work
- ego spinach? - group spamming will gain a few extra views, maybe some likes, and definitely a metric f***ton of glittery sh*t and animated gif comments if that's your thing

None of the above! That's definitely not my scene. I was wondering if they might have used some tool to save the ball ache of manually adding groups etc. I've got far better things to do than worry about a few 'likes' on any social media group, hence I can't be arsed with Facebook, titter or the likes. TP gives me all the feedback I need. Oh, and the wife!

None of the above! That's definitely not my scene. I was wondering if they might have used some tool to save the ball ache of manually adding groups etc. I've got far better things to do than worry about a few 'likes' on any social media group, hence I can't be arsed with Facebook, titter or the likes. TP gives me all the feedback I need. Oh, and the wife!
Then don't waste your time adding them to more groups. Just tag 'em accurately if you feel like doing something for the sake of doing something.

Then don't waste your time adding them to more groups. Just tag 'em accurately if you feel like doing something for the sake of doing something.

I'm not wanting to!

I think there has been some misinterpreting my original post.

I tend to use relevant groups for each photo ,the one thing I don't do is belong to any groups that have or insist on banners ,or silly rules like post one comment on five etc ..

I tend to use relevant groups for each photo ,the one thing I don't do is belong to any groups that have or insist on banners ,or silly rules like post one comment on five etc ..
Couldn't agree more. I despise those groups with sticker type things or comment on 1 and like 3 or whatever.

I basically use groups for the subject I've taken, the location I've taken it in and the kit I've used to take it. Oh and the occasional social group - let's not forget TP's own group!

I'm not wanting to!

I think there has been some misinterpreting my original post.

ahh, it reads like you want it, not that you're just asking the question.

Anyway, I don't think they actually use tools, more that they have become tools...:)

The only tool I know of is the "organise" function.

Takes little time to add to a few groups.

Couldn't agree more. I despise those groups with sticker type things or comment on 1 and like 3 or whatever.

I basically use groups for the subject I've taken, the location I've taken it in and the kit I've used to take it. Oh and the occasional social group - let's not forget TP's own group!

This^
I put photos into relevant groups for the subject or kit used.
I also submit to one or two groups that require active participation, for example the "52 Weeks of 2017", where you have to produce an image on a particular theme each week and then everyone votes on their favourite.

I can't be bothered with the ones that have banners or stupid comment rules.
If I want critique or opinions, I'll add them to this forum.

Regarding tools for groups; if you're not bothered about groups then don't add your photos to groups. If you want to add to groups, then it's not that hard to add a photo to 20 groups at a time.

Back