Flickr or Photobucket?

Flickr - quality and versatility.

I use both, I have a Flickr pro account for my clients, and use photobucket for posting on forums etc.

I use Photobucket, simple to navigate and copy links for posting on the forum.

Flickr has never appealed.

There are other options Picasa or Imageshack, best bet would be to have a look at each and see which you like the look of.

I use Photobucket or Imgur for random crap I want to post on forums, but I use Flickr for more serious work... so I don't have all the random crap messing up my photostream.

I really like the implementation of flickr links for posting on forums
I find it very very good
haven't got a photobucket account yet, might give it a go

used to use photobucket but way preferring flickr now don't know why I was so set against it haha, like matt said the forum implementation really is spot on for posting images up

I have used photobucket exclusively for the past 6 years for forum posting but just recently i have been finding a loss of quality and sharpness when linked to forums so i am now experimenting with flickr which so far seems much better and as simple to use

Stan

Flickr Pro and my own website (y)

Website for sales cliets etc - flickr for web posting onto forums etc

Les :D

I have used photobucket exclusively for the past 6 years for forum posting but just recently i have been finding a loss of quality and sharpness when linked to forums so i am now experimenting with flickr which so far seems much better and as simple to use

Stan

I found that too and have opened a flickr account. I'll stick to the free one for a while.

Flickr for me, never tried Photobucket. I'm only at the stage that I use it for sharing with family overseas anyway.

flickr all the way, esp with the small updates they made
and so many groups

photobucket i only use for photos i don't want to share
it's not bad, but can't compete with flickr

If you want your pictures to be seen by more people then definitely use Flickr. I use photobucket for posting images on forums.

I use Flickr now, but have used Picasa in the past, way better than Photobucket with all it's annoying adverts

And with Picasa being a Google product it works well with Android devices too

I use photobucket without any problems (y)

I have tried flickr a few times, but never really got on.
Have always been unable to share my photos to a forum. Do I need to pay to unlock this feature?:shrug:

I use photobucket without any problems (y)

I have tried flickr a few times, but never really got on.
Have always been unable to share my photos to a forum. Do I need to pay to unlock this feature?:shrug:

no not at all, from the share dialogue choose the 'whole'

no not at all, from the share dialogue choose the 'whole' link from the 4 or 5 different choices and past into the forum :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Graham.
I had followed a guide provided within the FAQ and the Share is faded out and non-selectable.
That was the point that I gave up and went back to photobucket.

I also use Flickr. Really like the fact that if I take photos of children (which I frequently do, as my friends ask me to photograph their children on their horses) I can make those photos private to friends and/or family only. I don't know if Photobucket has the same functionality, but that's important to me (and the parents).

I also use Flickr. Really like the fact that if I take photos of children (which I frequently do, as my friends ask me to photograph their children on their horses) I can make those photos private to friends and/or family only. I don't know if Photobucket has the same functionality, but that's important to me (and the parents).

Picasa certainly has this function too, albums can be set as Public, Private, or Only With Link

Flickr, much prefer it for photography. Despite having PB account, I find it is less suited for sharing photographs.

kd

i use flickr for my photography stuff, and photobucket just for posting to forums etc

Flickr for me - direct upload from Aperture where I do my Post Processing saves a lot of time!

Either one will work and do the job fine have both with no problems. Sometimes Flickr has thrown a wobbly in the uploads or storage but this was their faulty hardware which they sorted.

What's the deal with Flickr pro?

A standard Flickr account only lets you see your last 200 uploads, you can only upload 300MB a month, and you're limited to only uploading 2 videos per month. It also limits the resolution that can be accessed (although the full original resolution image is stored, only up to "Large" size can be accessed). A Flickr pro account at £15 / year removes those limitations.

Hmm I think for the time being i will stay free, although i think when the motorsport season is in full swing i'll probably need more space!

Back