Flickr Pro account - 3 months extension, FREE

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Yahoo photos is closing in September, and they are concentrating their efforts on Flickr.

If you have a Yahoo account, and if you have any photos stored on it (Yahoo Photos I think), then if you choose to transfer your photos over to flickr before they close, and have a flickr pro account, it will be extended by 3 months for free :)

And if you havent got any photos in there, then no way would I suggest uploading a few shots to transfer over :whistle:

(y)

Oops, forgot to say, the default message says that you can't upload any more photos if you dont have any in your account, however there's a link at the top right of the page that says "Take me to my photos", from there you can create an album and add photos to it to transfer :)

Well who would have thought it! As I use yahoo photo thingy everyday since I found out it existed I am happy to get my 3 free months ;)

*disclaimer* I only found out it existed today

My pro account ran out a little while ago and I don't have a credit card to renew it (since they stopped paypal as well)... lets see what happens. It's saying it's going to give me 3 months free still :shrug:

Thanks Marcel ;)

Can't see any way to create an album etc. 'take me to my photos' link just takes me to the sorry we are closing page - with no options to go further.

Ended up with a yahoo account back when I was with btinternet and yahoo took over the email. Never used it really.

I think you have to click, take me to my photos - then login - then click something similar to take me to my photos again, but this time you can see a box with your albums etc

Just moved my long time archive of 3 piccys across.

I like free things, cause most of the time every thing is so bloody expensive!!!

Nice :)

That's the same with BT over here. If you're a customer of the ISP arm of BT, you get a free flickr Pro account for as long as you stay a customer.

Nice :)

That's the same with BT over here. If you're a customer of the ISP arm of BT, you get a free flickr Pro account for as long as you stay a customer.

really? I thought it was a free year! ah well

It worked :woot: So you don't need to have a current pro account to gain 3 months free this way ;)

Thanks again Marcel :)

Does not work for me, I see the same as Robert. I guess because I have never visited Yahoo! Photos before it is not listed as active on my account so it will not let me look at my no albums to do anything about them.

Michael.

Just got my pictures transferred. Didn't know that I had some pictures posted in Yahoo!...

Does not work for me, I see the same as Robert. I guess because I have never visited Yahoo! Photos before it is not listed as active on my account so it will not let me look at my no albums to do anything about them.

Michael.

It should work. I have never visited yahoo photos before either. I just logged in and clicked on add photos

I click the link in post #2 and get a log in page and put in my password.

Then I get this page
yah2.jpg

And when I click the take me link I get this
yah1.jpg

Clicking the my photos link just reloads the same page.

Crafty buggers - they've stopped it now :(. Just when I'd finally managed to get a Pro account (had trouble with Yahoo triggering my credit card anti-fraud measures and Yahoo were as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot). Says October 18th for me though - 56 days

It still works for me :shrug: I just tried it for my little sisters flickr account and it went through. :thinking:

Just worked for me too but I did have to mess around and click a few links, log out and back in again for it to work

Hmmm - just gave it another go and this time it's let me, using the exact same link as before. Let's see what happens with the 3 months (y)

Nice 3 months free Pro ............ now I'll go find out what the difference between Pro and normal is so I can best take advantage :)

Back