Flickr probs (?)

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Past few days I can't seem to edit or access the BBcode on my Flickr images to upload to forums via my laptop, also tried a desktop computer at work and still the same problem. Anyone having the same issues I wonder..? For the past three days it's been doing this.
Even when you access a personal Flickr image it wont let you enlarge it as the image doesn't seem active anymore, strange.

Cheers;
Peter

Last edited:
It's been a bit iffy for me tonight. they're probably tweaking the oojar buffer gubbins again.

It shows me this pop up:
You seem to be using an unsupported browser.
Please update to get the most out of Flickr.

But for more than many months this has been showing up on my personal Flickr and worked fine, but now I can't seem to access or put curser over a photo to enlarge etc. I can't work it out..?

If I go to Explore on the top bar of Flickr, then click on 'Recent Photos' it brings up the photo's fine, but I can't seem to hover the curser over an image to enlarge and look at the info about it etc...(???)

Thanks for replies, really appreciated.

Peter

Last edited:
Are you using a browser plugin, Peter? If I hover my mouse pointer over an image in Explore, I don't see any pop-up and never have. All I see is the hand pointer which allows me to click and open the photo in its own Photo page, just like in my own Photostream.

If I want the BBCode of any photo to share here, I go to its Photo page and click the Share button. In the pop-up that appears, I select the BBCode tab, select the size I want from the dropdown, then copy and paste the code from the textbox above the size picker.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Are you using a browser plugin, Peter? If I hover my mouse pointer over an image in Explore, I don't see any pop-up and never have. All I see is the hand pointer which allows me to click and open the photo in its own Photo page, just like in my own Photostream.

If I want the BBCode of any photo to share here, I go to its Photo page and click the Share button. In the pop-up that appears, I select the BBCode tab, select the size I want from the dropdown, then copy and paste the code from the textbox above the size picker.

Am I misunderstanding something?
That's exactly how I was using Flickr until it's stopped working for me Garry. I don't use plugins at all, never have. Not sure regards a browser....?..... what does this mean please..?
I'm using Microsoft Windows application. I've clicked on 'Groups' in Flickr and the two pink/blue Flickr colours just turn round and around and I can't access as a week before it was all working fine. I've adjusted nothing....

Thanks;
Peter

Last edited:
By 'browser' I meant web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc. If you're not using plugins or extensions in those, and you're getting the spinning colours then I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest.

Back