Flickr

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, i have a problem with flickr- after uploading my pics i find they don't appear in searches, it's been over a week now since i put them up and still no joy.
Done all the usual, making sure they are open to public not marked as unsafe
all that jazz and nothing. So i emails flickr and they say pics with no comments will probably appear on the last page of searches so i goes back and searches every page of every keyword search of every image and nada.emails flickr again "we'll have to get a supervisor to investigate".

Now am i just being thick or is something wrong because i noticed on a lot of the pics that do show up in searches are not even tagged with the keywords i'm searching for :wacky:

So basically any ideas that may shed any light on this would be greatfully received.

Thanks.

Flickr searches for keywords as well as titles and descriptions, as long as you're entering this information you should be fine...

How are you searching for them? Search results don't show the most recent matching updates unless you specifically select 'most recent.' Unless you do this, it's likely that your pictures won't show on the first few pages.

Are you a new user? It takes time for your account to be marked as 'safe' so that searches will find your images:

See here.

I found it took a few weeks for my account to be marked as 'safe'.

Thanks for the responses guys (y) i've checked all those things and my pics are all tagged flickr have said that my account is safe and should appear in searches but still nothing i'm waiting to hear back from a supervisor at the moment just wish they would sort it out.Just wanted to be sure i wasn't missing anything so i don't look like a pratt if it's something stupid.

Hi chris
What are you searching for?...i.e. what search terms are you using? and where are you seaching..Flickr, google?

Hi chris
What are you searching for?...i.e. what search terms are you using? and where are you seaching..Flickr, google?

I searched for my tags on each image as well as the actual title of each pic
all searches done on the flickr site. Just tried again this morning and still nothing. :bang:

I don't know for sure but I would have thought having full titles (without underscores) and descriptions as well as good tags would help. I think it defaults to "interestingness", so any shots without comments or fav's will be well down the list...

I searched for my tags on each image as well as the actual title of each pic
all searches done on the flickr site. Just tried again this morning and still nothing. :bang:

Just had a quick look on Flickr and it says
If your account is new, first you need to upload at least 5 photos. After that minimum has been reached, then it shouldn't take more than a few days until your photos appear in searches, groups, etc. To make sure your photos show in searches, remember to add accurate tags and descriptions.

I note no descriptions, also as mentioned your titles don't help. It could also be flagged to hide from searches which can be checked in your profile.

Steve

Back