Flickr :(

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
For 4 weeks now I cannot access my Flickr account. Logging in as usual it tells me to use my new Flickr email. Nothing works and Flickr aren't responding. Before I jump ship and move to another service, anyone have any suggestions?

I know they changed all their login procedures but I've never been asked to migrate and now am stuck.

Flickr is incorrectly showing that I have 1000 images and no one seems to care to respond to my emails either. Since I have the free account I can't upload anymore even though I should be allowed to. I would have gone for the paid option (when I did actually run out) but their poor customer service has put me off.

For the time being I opened another Flickr account with a different email address. This is only temporary till I set up my own website. I rather pay for someone to host my website than pay Flickr if they don't have decency to reply to customers.

Flickr is incorrectly showing that I have 1000 images and no one seems to care to respond to my emails either. Since I have the free account I can't upload anymore even though I should be allowed to. I would have gone for the paid option (when I did actually run out) but their poor customer service has put me off.

For the time being I opened another Flickr account with a different email address. This is only temporary till I set up my own website. I rather pay for someone to host my website than pay Flickr if they don't have decency to reply to customers.

I'm Pro on Flickr. Really p***es me off that I cannot access my account and they don't respond to emails.

I'm Pro on Flickr. Really p***es me off that I cannot access my account and they don't respond to emails.
Oh wow! Did you pay using PayPal or credit card. See if you can call them and get them to get your money back for the year?
It's ridiculous paying for a service you can't access or get any customer service!
Or if you are paying monthly just stop it and that'll get their attention.

There are two different log-in pages running concurrently and one at least is likely to have decided you don't exist.
It's a mess basically.
If you are seeing the old yahoo log-in it's likely the wrong page, try other routes to log-in.
Does a small log-in page pop up or try to but get blocked?
That's the one you need now. Probably.

Last edited:
When I log in, it's Flickr, but it always takes me to Yahoo, but when I put my details in, it directs me back to Flickr and tells me to use my new email address. It's utter cr*p.

I have a Yahoo email list with 400 subscribers that has failed twice in the last month. Which causes some distress with my subscrivers. So I think it's time to give up on the Flikr Yahoo bunch, and move on to something better.

Have you tried using a different browser? I find this often helps with Flickr.

Now sent my 3rd support request. They sent an automated reply to my first and ignored my second. I've cancelled my Pro renewal. Getting sick of this. Going to go spam their social page on FB

Finally back in. Actually had a email from Flickr (once I'd replied to 10 posts on their facebook page complaining as a pro member). They told me to try my yahoo.co.uk email and the 'forgot password' process. What's weird is that I've tried that before and never received an email. This time I did, reset the password and now I'm back in.

I've been having some issues with Flickr too lately.

I wonder if there's anyone who could offer some advice regarding adblocker and white-listing or custom filters?

Today, I couldn't access any of my images - I can log in without problems and look at my photostream, but I cannot pull up an individual image for sharing etc.
Then I noticed the adblocker, top right of my browser (Chrome) and it's going crazy....continually counting up into the tens of thousands!
If I disable it, then I can access everything without any problems whatsoever, but I don't really want to disable it entirely/permanently.
So I have gone into the settings of the adblocker, and added Flickr.com to the custom filter list.

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, since I've never had to do anything like this before, and I'll be honest, it worries me a little, because I'm not hugely tech literate.
This seems to have worked, but I'm not entirely sure what I have done!
Right now, my custom filter list inside the adblocker settings, says this:

"fetching...please wait."

Well, I've been waiting for about fifteen minutes, and nothing has happened yet, except that I can now access my Flickr images without problems.

Have I done the right thing, or have I just allowed some potential nasties access to my pc?

**1st edit**

I have just closed my browser and re-opened, and it now says:

"Failed, not a valid filters list"

Oddly, I seem to still be able to access all of my Flickr content, so I'm still none the wiser!

**2nd edit**

Scratch the above!
I'm right back to square one - I logged out and back in, and now I cannot access the images as before!
Looks like the only way to gain access to images is to disable adblocker completely....unless any of you kind folks here know anything I don't....which is entirely possible....one might even say inevitable!!:giggle:

**3rd and final edit**

Been logged in for five minutes, and adblocker is up to ~72,000 and counting!!!:eek:

Last edited:
I've been having some issues with Flickr too lately.

I wonder if there's anyone who could offer some advice regarding adblocker and white-listing or custom filters?

Today, I couldn't access any of my images - I can log in without problems and look at my photostream, but I cannot pull up an individual image for sharing etc.
Then I noticed the adblocker, top right of my browser (Chrome) and it's going crazy....continually counting up into the tens of thousands!
If I disable it, then I can access everything without any problems whatsoever, but I don't really want to disable it entirely/permanently.
So I have gone into the settings of the adblocker, and added Flickr.com to the custom filter list.

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, since I've never had to do anything like this before, and I'll be honest, it worries me a little, because I'm not hugely tech literate.
This seems to have worked, but I'm not entirely sure what I have done!
Right now, my custom filter list inside the adblocker settings, says this:

"fetching...please wait."

Well, I've been waiting for about fifteen minutes, and nothing has happened yet, except that I can now access my Flickr images without problems.

Have I done the right thing, or have I just allowed some potential nasties access to my pc?

**1st edit**

I have just closed my browser and re-opened, and it now says:

"Failed, not a valid filters list"

Oddly, I seem to still be able to access all of my Flickr content, so I'm still none the wiser!

**2nd edit**

Scratch the above!
I'm right back to square one - I logged out and back in, and now I cannot access the images as before!
Looks like the only way to gain access to images is to disable adblocker completely....unless any of you kind folks here know anything I don't....which is entirely possible....one might even say inevitable!!:giggle:

**3rd and final edit**

Been logged in for five minutes, and adblocker is up to ~72,000 and counting!!!:eek:

Ads can be annoying but equally problems created by adblockers can be annoying, personally I've ditched Adblocker and just setup my Firefox browser to stop most ads/popups. You are unlikely to let in "nasties" by switching off your adblocker and you might be able to find an alternative or workaround if the results in ads bothers you.
Clearly 72,000 ads blocked is an error in the software!

However I would download and run the free edition of Malwarebytes just to rule out any nasties having got onto your computer from any source.

Last edited:
Ads can be annoying but equally problems created by adblockers can be annoying, personally I've ditched Adblocker and just setup my Firefox browser to stop most ads/popups. You are unlikely to let in "nasties" by switching off your adblocker and you might be able to find an alternative or workaround if the results in ads bothers you.
Clearly 72,000 ads blocked is an error in the software!

However I would download and run the free edition of Malwarebytes just to rule out any nasties having got onto your computer from any source.

Thank you @gramps, I'll look into Malwarebytes - though I seem to remember having a few issues with that several years ago, but I'm sure it was my fault for not knowing enough!

I have indeed found a 'work-around' as you suggested, namely allowing ads for Flickr!
As it turns out, it wasn't too complex, and now everything seems to be working fine.:)

Back