Non UK Florida locations

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for recommendations on some good wildlife parks across FL - any of the state is fine. Ideally with interaction and heavy amount of monkeys as it’s for the better half who loves them. Suggestions appreciated, especially from residents!

I owned a villa in Florida for 15 years but monkeys were never on my agenda! I suspect you would need to visit a zoo for them. Florida is a large state so it depends where you are based. Tampa has a zoo and possibly has monkeys inside. If you are nearer Kissimmee and want gators, ospreys, eagles, humming birds owls and other native species the the Circle B Bar reserve in Lakeland is excellent - and free. It is a lovely walk but not for the carless walker, many times when I have been there a gater would stroll right in front of you to get from one swamp to the next. You are perfectly safe - providing you give them space (don't kneel down to take a picture - you become bite sized)!
Sometimes you need to turn back by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

I can give you a reasonable idea of good bird photography areas if you give me a rough idea where you'll be - maybe ask @K9Kirk, I think he lives around the Bradenton area just south of Tampa

Let me know roughly where and when

Mike

This is a wonderful place to visit....

Do the jungle cruise for monkeys.

A fantastic day out is Corkscrew, a walk through the swamp with board walks. I've been there quite a few times over the years, they have a facebook page that's worth having a look at to see if it's the type of thing you want. Maybe try an airboat ride, well worth it, or just do your own thing at somewhere like Joe Overstreet rd, stop anywhere along the way for loads of wildlife ,then onto Kissimmee swamp tours (I've done a few of the other companies these were by far the best of them). Stay away from the touristy areas and there's lots to see, having said that Kennedy space centre and the surrounding area is incredible.

You'll not see monkeys unless you go to a zoo.

Back