flower c/c please

photomad

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
c/c please thanks in advance.
flo.jpg

I like it, its a little dark though, only a little though so a tweak in PS etc will fix that no prob, is a shame the DoF is quite shallow would have been cool to get the bee in focus as well :)

Sorry i cant go into more detail im not so good with the flower shots myself, someone who knows a bit more will be along shortly i bet :)

Now, THIS IS NOT negative criticism.

You've picked a flower that is extremely difficult to photograph and make it look good. The best I've seen have always been straight on to show the pattern of the flower.

By taking this one slightly to the side you lose some of the pattern, not too much mind, but you have cut off bits of the stamen things and the petals aren't all in focus, simply due to the depth of field. The bees in the shot as well fight for attention with the flower and leave the whole composition a bit "busy", no pun intended :) I think if you'd waited for the bees to leave it would actually have been better. The other thing which isn't helping is the background foliage on the right, it adds nothing to the shot but because it's brighter does distract a bit.

However, for a macro-ish shot it's sharp enough, exposure is spot on and the colours are great.

Now, THIS IS NOT negative criticism.

You've picked a flower that is extremely difficult to photograph and make it look good. The best I've seen have always been straight on to show the pattern of the flower.

By taking this one slightly to the side you lose some of the pattern, not too much mind, but you have cut off bits of the stamen things and the petals aren't all in focus, simply due to the depth of field. The bees in the shot as well fight for attention with the flower and leave the whole composition a bit "busy", no pun intended :) I think if you'd waited for the bees to leave it would actually have been better. The other thing which isn't helping is the background foliage on the right, it adds nothing to the shot but because it's brighter does distract a bit.

However, for a macro-ish shot it's sharp enough, exposure is spot on and the colours are great.

Excellent assessment Dod! (y)
All the points that I wanted to make but much better put.

Good try photomad. (y)

cool. i di flick the wasps off and took some more but i thought this one was the best. i will look again and see if i change my mind.

I think I agree with the others about the first one but the one you just posted is WOW. Huge improvement! Composition is great, it looks sharp enough, and it has a lot more punch.

Did you do any processing on these? I think that second one would look great with a contrast boost and a sharpen :)

By the way, if that second one was mine I'd be getting it printed.

really !!!!!!!!!!

i think its worse that the first one

wonder what others think???

Here's a version I edited. Hope you don't mind.

Just contrast up, brightness reduced a teensy bit, then an Unsharp Mask at about 50, 1, 0

passion_flower.jpg

Back