Flowers anyone?

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Edited all my recent flower shots this morning.

I'm not really getting on well with capturing this sort of subject, so what do you all think of my efforts?

Be brutal if you want. ;) I can take it... I think.

fone.jpg

ftwo.jpg

fthree.jpg

ffive.jpg

ffour.jpg

OK, in no particular order, starting with #4 which is the weakest I would play with levels/curves to get more white as they look a little dull.

#3 is a good effort of a much seen subject.

#1 is nearly ny favourite but my eyes wander too much as there is no real focal point as the flower that you can see inside is not fully open.

#2 is best shot. You have added colour in an interesting way with the red flower on the thirds.

All seem technically good to me so well done (y)

the first one and the one of the magnolias appeal to me most but I feel the colour is a bit too saturated on the tulips and agree about the levels on the magnolias. Like the low angle of shot too :)

I love the sky in shot no. 3, but wonder if the trees just visible on the horizon make a bit of a distraction? I'm curious to know how the shot might have worked from a fractionally lower viewpoint, so that the rapeseed plants meet the sky with nothing between them......the clouds are fantastic though!

The sky one certainl holds my interest......nice set(y)

Witch said:
I love the sky in shot no. 3, but wonder if the trees just visible on the horizon make a bit of a distraction? I'm curious to know how the shot might have worked from a fractionally lower viewpoint, so that the rapeseed plants meet the sky with nothing between them......the clouds are fantastic though!

Your so right about the trees.:(
To be honest I was trying to capture so much more (In my minds eye anyway) I struggled to find a composition all afternoon and it wasn't till I got home I realised I hadn't achieved any of the ideas and views that I had wanted....But, hay, a couple of the shots had nice sky's, hence this one.
I may have a second go this evening if the weather holds.

-------------

Thanks for you kind comments and thoughts everyone.

Number two's my favourite as well...although, as you suggest, I may have pulled up the colour and stuff a little too much.
I can see your right about the levels on number four as well. And if only I'd pulled those petals back on number one.

(y)
Ad

No 2 wins. No 4 is a catalogue shot of a difficult subject with all greens.

#3 for me - love the detail in that sky, the rest all have good features though.

:)

The sky in 3 is excellent, but i cant help thinking the rape is a bit too dark ! maybe selective levels on the lower part of the pic would bring them out more (perfect candidate for HDR ;))

Really fast and mucky edit so apologies !
fthree.jpg

Thanks for your efforts Ian, that is much improved eh. I've yet to get round to learning HDR...actually, I’m yet to get round to using/learning any of the layering techniques in APS. :D

In-fact...I still haven’t managed to turn my red sky to blue in my gherkin-church shot. Which I said I’d do in the critique section several weeks ago...my appols if anyone’s noticed.

----

Fangman, ta... You meant number 5 for the green catalogue shot I'm guessing....because it has a full spread of green tones.
Hmmm. Photographic tone catalogue calendar, green for April...I’m dreaming obviously. :LOL:

----

Cheers everyone. (y)

Those white tulips in No.2 look like glass...and the red one makes them stand out even more...........wonderful.

Back