Fly Tipping

Edit My Images
No
Went out to get some snaps the other day and ended up seeing on the side of all the country lanes a load of fly tipped rubbish. Really hacked me off so did my weekley rant on it

http://www.communityfriend.co.uk/features/fly_tipping_litter_dropping_rant.html

But I also managed to get some information off a chap that works in Environmental Protection about fly tipping too and he sent me this informtion:
http://www.communityfriend.co.uk/features/fly_tipping.html

Worth a read and if you ever spot anyone doing it take on board what he says and hopefully when I park my car up next time to get some photos across the fields I won't be parked next to a dumped bath!

For info the photo was taken in Derbyshire near Creswell and it has been reported.

I knew a farmer who used to get stuff tipped right by the entrance drive to his house, which was just off a quiet back lane. He went through the rubbish one day and found some letters with a guy's name and address on them.

He loaded a flatbed lorry to the limit with all the old bedsteads, mattresses, cookers, and crap he could get on there, drove round to the guys rather posh residence, and tipped the lot on his front lawn!

Poetic justice I thought. :LOL:

I knew a farmer who used to get stuff tipped right by the entrance drive to his house, which was just off a quiet back lane. He went through the rubbish one day and found some letters with a guy's name and address on them.

He loaded a flatbed lorry to the limit with all the old bedsteads, mattresses, cookers, and crap he could get on there, drove round to the guys rather posh residence, and tipped the lot on his front lawn!

Poetic justice I thought. :LOL:

Problem with that, the guy who owned the house might have paid someone to dispose of the waste legally, and instead of taking the rubbish to a proper tip, he's fly-tipped it and kept the money... It's not cheap to tip household waste commercially, I think at current rates it's about £100 per Tonne.

Always well worth making sure that these people you pay to take anything away are registered waste carriers - Contact the Environment Agency on 08708 506506 and ask for a Waste carrier Validation Check

If not this can bite you in the butt. If they dump it and it has your details anywhere you could be landed with a fine of up to £5k. Just think what decent lenses and kit you could be buying for that just because you couldnt be bothered to pay the extra at the tip or pay the council / registered waste carrier to take it away.

Keep reporting anyone you see dumping stuff and they will soon go out of business.

And for those that complain that it costs too much to get it taken away I'd prefer to pay the 25 quid to the council for 5 bulky items to be moved than see a sofa dumped into some woods.

LOL typical, was out the other day and thought I'd shoot a liitle stream only to find it full of whiskey bottles and old tyres. Only just dumped the image then this thread pops up begging for it :)

Back OT, I can understand the mentality behind fly tippers when you consider the cost of waste disposal these days. We have an old railway arch close to us which is literally filled with rubbish. Disgusting habit!

Back