"FLYING SCOTSMAN"

Edit My Images
No
Waiting for a broken spring to be replaced in the NRM prior to a test run, 22.02.16.
4405_zpsjzjxz7nu.jpg

Crossing the River Ouse on a test run from York to Scarborough, 23.02.16.
445116x9_zpsq75wzeol.jpg

Returning from the above in the dark!
4482_zpsl9go5cbc.jpg

The inaugural run from Kings Cross to York, 25.02.16.
45240-_zpse36digq5.jpg

Last edited:

The second take for me…
cool light and rendition!

Good set, enjoy seeing the complete view in #1 ... the bright spot in the plume in #2 is a bit of a distraction for me but otherwise just great :)

A good set but I do like the 2nd one, very nice colours and no electric overhead cables.

Nice set, no3 for me :)

Great set absolutely love No3

I'm hoping to get tickets for when it comes to the Severn Valley

2&3 are really good but so is the first one . You did well to get access to the maintainence shed.

Good perspective, below level of tracks, for the last one just a pity about the darned cables. The electrification seems to have come to a halt in our region...Bath,Bristol so I'm hoping to get my shots in now especially as the ban on WCRC was lifted on Wednesday.

Some great shots, number 2 is the best one for me...

Was lucky enough to see it early in the year when it did it's first run from Bury - Rawtenstall, but wasn't painted up in green then. Was a great sight, looking forward to it coming back

I have been lucky enough to get tickets to ride on The Scotsman and Tornado in September when it comes to the Severn Valley Railway

Lovely shots. Saw it on the inaugural run from London to York, near Newark, but got better shots the day before as it made its way down to London. The timing and position of the sun made for a much better image. Your exellent shots are very much appreciated.

One of these day I'm going to click on one of these threads and see Sean Connery being catapulted through the air.

Really nice set of the train.

Back