Flying with camera gear

Nick Pike

Edit My Images
No
Hi.
Next month I'm planning on flying to Greece with my DSLR, along with tripod and 2 lenses...
Planning on checking in the tripod, but carrying on everything else? Would that be ok with UK and Greek security?

And any packaging tips?
Thanks!! :D

Hi.
Next month I'm planning on flying to Greece with my DSLR, along with tripod and 2 lenses...
Planning on checking in the tripod, but carrying on everything else? Would that be ok with UK and Greek security?

And any packaging tips?
Thanks!! :D

Not sure about the Greeks, but that`s how I travel, and have never had a problem. Some customs like you to open up the bag though (still not a big issue). (y)

That's how I've always done it and will be doing it next week (to Crete, Greece). As Paul says, be prepared to take everything out of the bag if asked to - it's for everyone's security even if it is a mild inconvenience!

I just cut down on everything else. Cameras and lenses take priority!

If that means one t-shirt for a one week stay... :D

Make sure you keep a rocket blower separate going through customs if you use one.I scared these people the last time I left one in my camera bag

Last edited:
Traveled with my DSLR and lenses plenty of the past two years, never had an issue.

They are more interested in whether my laptop switches on and works than the camera, never even been asked to take it out of the bag!

worst i have had is they search the camera bag in the UK but never a problem

Back