Focus 2011 Bargains..

Hi Tom,

Saw a sensor cleaning service on one stand. Voucher available to reduce cost to around £33 i think it was. Watched the guy doing one and very thorough clean of the whole camera. Sorry can't remember the stand name. It was to the far right of the exibition if you go!

Cheers,

Tracey

I saw that too. The bearded guy doing the cleaning was a funny bloke. He was on his own in a perspex booth continually cleaning camera after camera all day. We noticed he was listening to an MP3 player through headphones so tapped the perspex and notioned to ask him what he was listening to. He held a notepad up to the perspex, on it was written "Banging Techno". :LOL:

Last edited:
Sounds like the same booth but a different guy; the chap today sounds much more entertaining!

I was there on Monday, sorry, not today (I should have said). When were you there?

We went on Sunday. Perhaps they have a rota because it wasn't a very large booth was it? Jolly hot in the hall during the afternoon so must have been even more so in there with bright lights on.

Yea, that makes sense. I'm not sure how many days a person could continually clean sensors in a greenhouse and maintain a reasonable degree of sanity. I think the chap on Monday was close to losing all of his by the time we saw him!

I was hoping to get the 24-120 f4 - camera world had run out of them for £790 (which is more than online anyway), but they offered me a refurb for £299 - wow I thought, I'll have one. But no, he was pulling a con trick and trying to sell me the 24-120 variable aperture. What an idiot.

I could do with a sensor clean too, I cant seem to shift the stubborn bits.

Lenspen Sensorklear II Loupe Kit (SKLK1). Works great for a dry clean and can be used in conjunction to tidy up after wet cleaning.

Pirate! said:
Lenspen Sensorklear II Loupe Kit (SKLK1). Works great for a dry clean and can be used in conjunction to tidy up after wet cleaning.

Been there, done that. Waste of time. Sparkly fresh after a proper clean at the show now.

sinar said:
The 70-210 2.8 VRII was £1499, not sure about the prices on the other items, that was at Jacobs and another place (maybe cameraworld)

I picked up this lens at this price from Jacobs at Focus on Sunday. It's a great price better then online!

Jacobs had Canon 1DIV new sealed box at £2999

Premier Ink is still running it's Focus 2011 deals on Westcott lighting stuff - have a posted a thread about it here

Westcott Apollo softbox + stand " tilt head £134.99

Westcott 43" reflective brolly + stand + tilt head £64.99

I thought there would have been more replies on this thread, is everyone skint?

I managed to get some pocket wizard flex, 3 piece kit for 445, But saw them for 430 just before the show ended.. got a Lencarta safari head and 150cm Oct for 220.. not bad I think..

I thought there would have been more replies on this thread, is everyone skint?

Am now!

Full deal for me was:-

Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VRII
Nikkor TC-17EII
Nikkor 50 1.4G
Think Tank Airport International V2

£2195.00

Mouldy said:
Got mine for £1450 yesterday from Jacobs...

Was it advertised at that price or did you haggle? On the Sunday it was advertised at £1499. I tried to get a free filter but the guy didn't budge :(

you might get that for just the trigger and one receiver, but i got the trigger and two receivers, the best price iv seen (Not that iv looked too much) is £499 at Park Cameras..

Was it advertised at that price or did you haggle? On the Sunday it was advertised at £1499. I tried to get a free filter but the guy didn't budge :(

Advertised for £1449 on Wednesday. The only thing they moved on price wise was the Think Tank.

Mouldy said:
Advertised for £1449 on Wednesday. The only thing they moved on price wise was the Think Tank.

You can buy it from HDEW for £1449 as I did a month ago. Being a lens it has an Intl Warranty so doesn't matter that it's a grey import.

None of the lens' I bought were grey's, all had UK warranty papers. (y)

There is no such thing as a UK warranty for a lens....all lenses come with an Intl Warranty .You got a good price though so it matters not ;) Cracking bit of kit!

There seem to be an awful lot of misconceptions about warranties...you often see potential buyers in classifieds asking if an item has been registered...which is fine but unless you have the original sales receipt (or the seller will intermediate for you) you're not covered. Nikon are quite explicit that you need to produce the original consumer invoice (obviously in your name) for the warranty to be valid.

There is no such thing as a UK warranty for a lens....all lenses come with an Intl Warranty .You got a good price though so it matters not ;) Cracking bit of kit!

There seem to be an awful lot of misconceptions about warranties...you often see potential buyers in classifieds asking if an item has been registered...which is fine but unless you have the original sales receipt (or the seller will intermediate for you) you're not covered. Nikon are quite explicit that you need to produce the original consumer invoice (obviously in your name) for the warranty to be valid.

My mistake, just checked and they arn't UK warranty papers, they are marked Europe.

Was anyone there on the last day and got good discount on stuff?

I was there, but didnt get much "bargain" stuff, but I wasnt really in the market for anything big. Just a bag, a flashgun and a few filters.

Back