Fomapan 100 120 Roll Film

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone here tried this in 120 format? If so, what's it like? Is it worth trying a couple of rolls?

Regards - Paul

Used it, good film for the price.

The 400 speed I didn't like.....grain like marbles ( and grain doesn't bother me too much either!)

Very nice indeed in my opinion and a very good price as well.

Splash by Andy, on Flickr

The-Rows by Andy, on Flickr

Slight hijack, sorry, but what do you dev said film with?

Thanks Simon, Asha and Andy for the quick replies, I'll put some on order some now.

Love the examples, by the way.

Again, many thanks. (y)

I use ilfotech lc29.

Last edited:
A really excellent film in my view, excellent value for money, I develop in Ilfotec LC 29

26150897421_3d2890c5a5_b_d.jpg

At the risk of starting World War 3 .......
Medium format Fomapan 100 is not bad, BUT I've just checked prices and FP4 is only 13p more per roll than Fomapan. For me personally, that price difference isn't enough to tempt me away from FP4.

I beg forgiveness.

At the risk of starting World War 3 .......
Medium format Fomapan 100 is not bad, BUT I've just checked prices and FP4 is only 13p more per roll than Fomapan. For me personally, that price difference isn't enough to tempt me away from FP4.

I beg forgiveness.

No, no. No forgiveness required.

I bought Fomapan at half the price of FP4.

If the price is now so much closer, well....

I shot 2 rolls of fomapan 100 and souped in xtol, they were thin.....very thin, unusably underexposed.
I reasoned that out as a spectral sensitivity issue because I was using a red filter.
I haven't bothered to use it since.
In truth I'm too content with Acros and Delta to really bottom that particular cock up out properly, but it wasn't a camera or development error..:)

FP4 is only 13p more per roll than Fomapan.
After making the statement above after checking with one supplier (Silverprint) I decided to widen the spread a little by comparing more suppliers and more films. The prices relate to a single roll of 120, and do not include shipping.
In some cases the price per roll is worked out from a multi-pack, where the supplier did not offer single rolls. I looked for mono films in the ISO range 80-125, in 120 format.

upload_2017-1-10_22-21-21.png

On average, Fomapan was the cheapest by 32p, compared to Ilford FP4+. The lowest price for Fomapan 100 was £3.40, and the lowest price for Ilford FP4+ was £3.65, from Mathers of Lancashire.

Incidentally, if Lomography Earl Grey is actually Fomapan 100, buyers are paying a big premium for the label .... also TMax 100 seems to be in short supply right now as only one of the suppliers had it in stock.

Last edited:
I don't mind fomapan but it's curly as all hell and can be difficult to work with once its out of the camera. For the price difference you'd have to be shooting a lot of film to make any real savings over FP4 which is a much better film in almost every way.

I say almost because fomapan 100 does have a very old fashioned formulation and grain pattern which if that's what you're looking for then it doesn't matter how much better FP4 reciprocity or spectral sensitivity is.

This was made with an Ikoflex 1b and developed with R09 One Shot:

And this was made with a Yashica Mat and developed with Kodak D76:

I like more the results using D76, those are less grainy than with R09, especially with 35mm film.

Back