Daily Foolycooly's 2021 365 attempt

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
As well as taking part in the 52, I'm going to attempt a 365 as well. I tend to go all in on hobbies, and with everything going on in the world, I want something to focus on other than that.

My plan is to reward each full month with a printed album or poster which will encourage me to do subsequent months.

I'll come up with themes for each month and go from there, c&c and suggestions are more than welcome, I want to push what I learnt years ago and build skills and techniques.

Themes
January: Depth of Field
February:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September:
October:
November:
December:

Day 2, took a trip to the beach to get some air, spent a lot of time with these birds, this one best fits my theme for the month
IMG_0989 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Hi Simon. Have you thought of uploading to flickr for your shots? (free account allows 1000 images - you can have multiple accounts - I've seen an official comment from flickr saying "yes, you might want to have multiple free accounts for different genres etc."

It would allow a higher resolution to be uploaded, which I think your Day 2 shot would benefit from.
My comment on this is I would have tried to hide the ship in the background (either in pp, or by putting it behind the breakwater post when I took the shot). OOF and by itself on the horizon, it doesn't add anything to the image (IMO anyway).

Hi Simon. Have you thought of uploading to flickr for your shots? (free account allows 1000 images - you can have multiple accounts - I've seen an official comment from flickr saying "yes, you might want to have multiple free accounts for different genres etc."

It would allow a higher resolution to be uploaded, which I think your Day 2 shot would benefit from.
My comment on this is I would have tried to hide the ship in the background (either in pp, or by putting it behind the breakwater post when I took the shot). OOF and by itself on the horizon, it doesn't add anything to the image (IMO anyway).
Negan,

Thanks! I've got a Flickr set up for it already, I've been lazy and done most things on my tablet or phone recently, so linking to it will have to wait till I'm on a proper computer next week...

I'll have a play with getting rid of the ship, hadn't considered hiding it behind the post to be honest, but that something I'll add to the list of things to think about when framing a shot!

Day 7, still going!
Fecking freezing outside, went for a walk to do some astro, unfortunately it clouded over so only got a few shots. Stuck my headtorch in a frozen bush to try and get something and this came out!

07/365 by Simon Stocks, on Flickr

Back