Football photography advice.

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Im at a loss what to do today and saw that Stourbridge FC are playing in the evo-stick premier at home so thought i could head along and take some photos.

Are there any restrictions on me doing this like there are in the football league?

I have to head off at 2:30 but if anyone sees this before then and can respond it'd be great.

thanks

Ben

Cheers. I Spoke to the stewards as I went and they said go right ahead and gave me a card for the pr secretary in case I got any good shots.

Was fun though the rain got annoying after a while.

Cheers. I Spoke to the stewards as I went and they said go right ahead and gave me a card for the pr secretary in case I got any good shots.

Was fun though the rain got annoying after a while.

Nice one.

Im lucky in that theres loads of non lge teams in my area. Not shot at any yet but ive contacted a few and all have been very helpful and more than willing to have someone down.

Ben,
I am club photographer at West Midlands League side AFC Wulfrunians and you will be most welcome at our place

Sounds brilliant to me. Cant be many games left this season but next season I'll be in touch for certain. I used to play Rugby at Castlecroft (and live nearby) so i know exactly where you are.

My first efforts are here I'd appreciate any comments

Looks like you've already had some sound advice on the crit forum, but to reiterate, backgrounds backgrounds backgrounds.

To repeat what I tell my students, 'use it or lose it', in this case, lose it, wider aperature @ f/2.8 or f/4 would have killed the background and made the subjects stand out more.

Don't worry about the weather, that's half the battle, get up in the back of some terracing and slow the shutter right down if need be, get the rain stair rodding down and inject a bit of extra life into it. Experiment!! But lose those boring and cluttered backgrounds.

Sadly I only have a f4-56 sigma lens so getting to 2.8 isn't possible. (unless im missing something fundamental) Good point on the backgrounds though. My choices were a metal fence or the crowd. Getting lower would help I think.

Background background background will be my mantra.

Many thanks.

Back