Football quiz thingy

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Shamelessly nicked from quiz I attended last week. Some of the team names are partial or nicknames.

The Tale of the Ancient Footballer

Fill in the blanks with the name’s of football teams from the English and Scottish Leagues

The sun shone -------- (8) the day we set sail for the ------ (6) in a ship with a ---- (4) riddled with holes. As we sailed down the river which ----- (5) to the sea we waved to a fair maiden leaning against the ------- (8).

The ----- (5) was made up of Scots, Irish and others of the ------ (6) race. The exception was the cabin boy named ----- (5) whose job it was to ----- (5) the boilers. He was illiterate, but won our ----- (6) with his -------- (8) efforts to improve his ------- (7).

He was sent to -------- (8) by the other villains who had brought an ------- (7) of weapons on board. They were a rowdy bunch and after a drinking session they did in fact ------- (7) furniture.

The voyage made my ---------- (10). She had not had a holiday ------ (6) too long. The sea --- (3) did her ------- (7) lot of good. We landed ------ (6) in the day on the -------- (8) of the island below the hills where the natives ---- (4) their dead. We crossed a --------- (9) and entered a dense ------ (6) where the ------ (6) roamed freely.

We ------ (7) regardless and eventually met a group of game ------- (7) dressed in ------- (7) green. After a few days journey we caught a dark fish in a --------- (9) and tried unsuccessfully to get milk from a herd of cows who didn’t like their ------------ (12). At last we came to our destination, the home of the islands monarch the --------------- (15). She greeted us with a friendly ----- (5) but she was obviously upset because her ------------- (13) had been smashed when the ------- (7) fell down. While her --------- (9) was being built she was forced to live in a crumbling ----- (5).

When we found the treasure we put the ----- (5) the ship, determined to put in the ------- (7) bank when we got home. That night for our tea we had some ------ (6) cake and a ------- (7) bun, but the ------ (6) we ate made us all ill.

Maybe let everyone have a go at 3? I'll kick you off ...

Brighton, Forrest, Hull ?

I Think I'm down to just 6 left to get.
I'm sure I'm overthinking some of them too :confused:

After another effort last night I've been left with 4 (maybe 5).
Will drop you a PM in a moment and ask for help ;)(y)
Cheers

Back