For all you EOS experts...

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
What is the best small EOS body? EOS 30? Needs to be as small as possible but have 2 control wheels- 1 each for aperture and shutter speed.

I used to have an EOS 50E, relatively small and solid, IIRC there is one for sale in the classifieds at £25 at the moment

robhooley167 said:
I used to have an EOS 50E, relatively small and solid, IIRC there is one for sale in the classifieds at £25 at the moment

Thanks rob!

Looks like the 30 is the newer camera with the better track record than the 50.

For me, probably best bet would be something like a 30V, pretty much the last of the line - predictive AF performance on a par with the 1V (albeit with a LOT less focus points 7 c/f 45!), eye control focusing (if you can get on with it - I love it, but some people can't do with it!)

and it's half the weight/size of the EOS-3, whilst still solid enough not to feel like a toy.

TheBigYin said:
For me, probably best bet would be something like a 30V, pretty much the last of the line - predictive AF performance on a par with the 1V (albeit with a LOT less focus points 7 c/f 45!), eye control focusing (if you can get on with it - I love it, but some people can't do with it!)

and it's half the weight/size of the EOS-3, whilst still solid enough not to feel like a toy.

Thanks Mark, I will keep my eyes open.

EOS 30 is a very good body for the price

the 30v doesn't offer enough of an upgrade to warrent the extra price they go for.

very solid body IMO considering it's not of 'pro' standard. and compared to my 550D it feels so much better constructed.

£30 - £50 seems to be a good price for one on ebay, I paid £34 for mine earlier this year.

Ash. said:
EOS 30 is a very good body for the price

the 30v doesn't offer enough of an upgrade to warrent the extra price they go for.

very solid body IMO considering it's not of 'pro' standard. and compared to my 550D it feels so much better constructed.

£30 - £50 seems to be a good price for one on ebay, I paid £34 for mine earlier this year.

Thanks!

Just to update, I have a 30 on the way to play with. Will be interesting to try out the eye control. Will also help me make my decision with regards my other 35mm film kit.

Back