For anybody with a Canon Super Tele lens

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Just found something very interesting on the web, a new lens cap, guy in the states makes them, 50 dollars each, plus about 10 dollars shipping.

Have emailed for info, but i think it will make the Canon condom pointless :) They will fit 200mm F1.8, 300mm F2.8, 400mm F4 DO, 400mm F2.8, 500mm F4, 600mm F4 available in both “IS” and “Non IS” versions

http://www.accentondesigninvestments.com/camera.htm

Looks good Ian. I use an Optech neoprene cover at the moment but that doesn't properly protect the front element - looks like this could be the answer.

Paul

A bit on the rough side, it is home made and looks it, especially in the last pic:eek:

Interesting. That has to be an improvement on the Canon monstrosity.

Like the idea, but agree it looks a little rough... as its not touching the optics though :shrug:

Would be interested to hear more as you do Ian (y)

Does look a bit hand made, but none of the cap touches the front element, and only the rubber o rings touch the lens body, so none of that should damage the lens at all, have ordered one will let you know what its like when i get it lol :)

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy Nikon lens caps? These can be taken on and off with the hood still on.

Or would no Canon user be seen dead with Nikon branded on their camera.

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy Nikon lens caps? These can be taken on and off with the hood still on.

Or would no Canon user be seen dead with Nikon branded on their camera.

Lol - think you answered your own question :LOL:

Back