For lovers of Ilford film

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
15% off today for all of you that like your HP5 and FP4 etc etc etc.

Thanks for the info Nick, I stocked up on XP2 120 a few weeks back and there's significantly more film in my fridge than food again, so much so that it's now spread onto the top shelf as well as being stacked over 2/3 of the bottle rack. Note to self; stop buying film, take more photos and do a supermarket shop! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Order placed (100ft of 35mm) after confirmation by other half that it will be my Christmas present.

Order placed (100ft of 35mm) after confirmation by other half that it will be my Christmas present.

Just make sure OH doesn't open it to check it's OK... ;)

Perhaps think about getting some XP2 400 in stock for times like that, Nige; it's not too expensive to buy, and you can shoot the same roll at 200 ISO on sunny days and 400 in overcast/dull (develop it all as per standard 400 ISO) and the shadows don't block up. I know it's C41 process, but I think places such as AG Photolab are cheap enough for a 'develop only' service, particularly if you post them a few rolls at the same time.

Perhaps think about getting some XP2 400 in stock for times like that, Nige; it's not too expensive to buy, and you can shoot the same roll at 200 ISO on sunny days and 400 in overcast/dull (develop it all as per standard 400 ISO) and the shadows don't block up. I know it's C41 process, but I think places such as AG Photolab are cheap enough for a 'develop only' service, particularly if you post them a few rolls at the same time.

I’ve never used XP2, but it wasn’t notably cheaper in Boots unfortunately, or I might’ve tried it. The cheapest stuff they had was Fuji c200 for (I think) a fiver, which is just Agfa Vista Plus 200 in a different set of clothes.

No, I meant buy some rolls of XP2 while Ilford have that offer on, then you won't need to go foraging in Boots as you'll have some in the fridge. :)

It’s a better deal than Boots, who are trying to sell 36 exposure rolls of 135 HP5+ for £7.99!!!

They don’t even have the buy one, get one half price deal anymore either. I wanted a roll for a trip I’m making tomorrow, but at that price I decided to chance a roll of Tmax 100 I already had instead and hope the light is ok.

Are you sure they don't have the deal? Sometimes it's not advertised but still available. Certainly showing in our Boots the other day.

OTOH they have put the prices up so it's still bloomin' expensive. Better than a small order plus postage though.

Just to show I wasn't joking about the film versus food situation in the fridge:

Fridge by J White, on Flickr

If I get chance I might go to Sainsbury's later this week and redress the balance a little bit, just in case I get snowed in. On the other hand, as it's winter the film stocks won't have to jostle for position with chilled beers; after all, it's red wine and spirits when the mercury drops, and under such challenging climatic conditions best bitter should never be served too cold. (y)

So chin up everyone, I'm sure we'll get through the winter as long as we keep a stiff upper lip and all that. However, I might make an exception over the Christmas period and move some of the film into a cool box in the garage, so as to make room for the turkey... after all, I don't want the cat eating the bugger before I've had my fill! I know... I can be a bit of a softy at times. :)

Last edited:
People keep sneaking food into the fridge/freezer I fixed up from my son's house to keep my film and chems in !!!

Film and beer is kept in the shed till at least February, it's definitely colder than the fridge at the moment.

I love XP2 in it's Fuji Neopan 400CN version (I believe a tad more contrast compared to XP2). Switched to that for B&W as I don't develop at home and lab traditional B&W processing was getting expensive.
Really good lattitude, I shoot it at 200-800ISO and have it developed at 400ISO

f2.8, 800ISO developed at 400ISO

Hall.jpg

Last edited:
Back