Ford Capri

I like it Jon, great depth to the shot, and a super retro feel.(y)

ah the 2.8 brooklands nice shot any of the mk1 mex next to it

Probably not a Brooklands, they weren't introduced until 1986/7 and this is an 83 judging by the number plate.

lol my bad i never even looked at the plate to be honest yip the brookland was about the mid 80s its still a nice looking 2.8

How did you work out it was a 2.8i? The little red stripe on the wing going around to read injection? Not sure I like the extra lights put on the front.

I thought I was about to see the 'original' Capri....................the one that Ford seemed to want to forget about ;)

Edit - that got me a Googling..........................................cannot see any there either :(

Last edited:
I thought I was about to see the 'original' Capri....................the one that Ford seemed to want to forget about ;)

Edit - that got me a Googling..........................................cannot see any there either :(

Try googling Consul Capri if that's the one you have in mind.

Ah, brings back memories of the 5 Capris I had as a lad.....my first was a mark 1 with the vinyl roof and the large bonnet hump....

Ah, brings back memories of the 5 Capris I had as a lad.....my first was a mark 1 with the vinyl roof and the large bonnet hump....
Memories for me to. First car I ever bought was a Capri. Great fun.

Its definately a 2.8i.... I've spent many an hour working on these cars - converted a 2.0 laser to a v8 injection & 243 bhp - went very well.

Last edited:
It brings back memories for me, all right. Clinging, terrorised, to the upholstery of my seat while a colleague roared his 3 litre monster along narrow Devon lanes in the 'eighties! They may have been fun to drive but for this timid soul they weren't that much fun to be driven in.

:eek:

Back