Formapan 400 Grain ???

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I recently took some photos using Formapan 400 and noticed that they were very grainy They we took using Sunny 16 and I over exposed by one stop just for luck ( I've always done this with Colour) Would this have caused more grain ? As the skies were a bit of a white out I had to process them to give a little more interest ,is it more likely this caused the grain or just for it to be seen more ? I quite like the look of the photos but just wondered if I could expect this all the time ? The photos were took over a period of time but as I remember under similar conditions . I've not really shot much B&W in the past or 400 ASA film,If I had exposed a little less would I have lost much shadow detail ?

Here is an example.

000039450032.jpg
langley Chapel.jpg

Last edited:
O.k I wasn't sure if the white skies were hiding the grain or the processing was just creating it. I've shot Kodak colourplus 200 in the past in different cameras under the same conditions and one camera will expose a little different and I'll have far more grain in one than the other. Does over or under exposing cause more grain in black and white generally ?

Back