Format problem (update)

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I need some help guys. I have just purchased a Gitup Git2 action camera and a 64GB Sandisk extreme plus micro SD card. When I insert the card into the camera a message pops up saying cluster size wrong please format I have done a format with what I think is the right settings ie. exfat, 64 kilobytes etc. I get a message saying format complete but I still get the same message when I put it back in the camera. Am I missing something here?

The good practice, when acquiring a new card,
is to let the writer (the camera in this case) take
care of the formatting of the given card as it will
be done the optimized way for the performance
of it all!

The normal format is FAT32, so you may wish to try that.

The only choices its giving me are exFAT (default) or NTFS.

of it all!

I'll have to look into that I didn't know it was an option, thanks.

of it all!

I did a format with the card in the camera and got the same message. However I have tried a cheapo card from my phone and the camera works ok. Could it be a faulty card? I would like to try all options before taking it back as its a 30mile round trip.

Then, I would suggest…

— the RFM strategy or
— a visit to their website!

Off is the correct position. If the card doesn't work after the CAMERA formats it then it is (for some reason) not compatible or faulty.

I would try wiping all partitions on it and creating a single new one, then formatting it as FAT again. Of that doesn't work, I'd send it back. Easeus Partition Manager free is an easy way of doing this if you don't want to use the command line.

OK. I've just done the 30 mile round trip and took it back, I asked the technical bods if it was possible to put too fast a card in to this camera as the Sandisk was a class10 U3, they suggested using a Kingston class 10 U1 still a fast card and might be accepted better by the camera. I will try it shortly and report back. Thanks for all your advice.

Really don't know what the hell's going on here but the new card wouldn't format in the camera or the PC either, so I put it in the adapter and put it in my DSLR and "Voilà " the camera formatted it no problem and now works just fine in the action cam. Can anyone explain that for future use.:confused:

Can anyone explain that for future use.:confused:

Sounds like the weather at the moment...Wierd :wacky:

Glad you've got it sorted though, my initial thought was if it was too large or as you possibly thought a card speed not supported...

Maybe your camera only works with memory cards up to 32GB (SDHC) and thus will not work with your 64GB (SDXC) memory card.

Reactions: 4wd
Whilst you may feel like a nob this thread has saved me!

I did not realize there was a second setting menu (why does it not appear when you push the settings button!?!), formatting within the camera has solved my issue.

I could not find this resolution anywhere, every fix says to format to 32kb on a PC, which never worked. I've even registered a forum account just to share my appreciation!

Whilst you may feel like a nob this thread has saved me!

I did not realize there was a second setting menu (why does it not appear when you push the settings button!?!), formatting within the camera has solved my issue.

I could not find this resolution anywhere, every fix says to format to 32kb on a PC, which never worked. I've even registered a forum account just to share my appreciation!
Welcome! Glad my stupidity helped. Hang around It's a good place.

Back