Formula 1 (and other categories) 2019

2019 FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON

Dun….dun dun dun dun dun dun da dun duuuunnnnn….

The 2019 Formula One World Championship is GO!

Calendar files

https://calendar.google.com/calenda...ik@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Teams and Drivers

Alfa Romeo Racing
Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari C38
Ferrari 064
7 Kimi Räikkönen
99 Antonio Giovinazzi

Scuderia Ferrari
Ferrari SF90
Ferrari 064
5 Sebastian Vettel
16 Charles Leclerc

Rich Energy Haas F1 Team
Haas-Ferrari VF-19
Ferrari 062
8 Romain Grosjean
20 Kevin Magnussen

McLaren F1 Team
McLaren-Renault MCL34
Renault E-Tech 19
4 Lando Norris
55 Carlos Sainz Jr.

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport
Mercedes
F1 W10 EQ Power+
Mercedes M10 EQ Power+
44 Lewis Hamilton
77 Valtteri Bottas

SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team
Racing Point-BWT Mercedes RP19
BWT Mercedes
11 Sergio Pérez
18 Lance Stroll

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Red Bull Racing-Honda RB15
Honda RA619H
10 Pierre Gasly
33 Max Verstappen

Renault F1 Team
Renault R.S.19
Renault E-Tech 19
3 Daniel Ricciardo
27 Nico Hülkenberg

Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda
Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda STR14
Honda RA619H
23 Alexander Albon
26 Daniil Kvyat

ROKiT Williams Racing
Williams-Mercedes FW42
Mercedes M10 EQ Power+
63 George Russell
88 Robert Kubica

2019 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar
1 Australian Grand Prix Albert Park March 15 – 17
2 Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain International Circuit March 29 – 31
3 Chinese Grand Prix Shanghai International Circuit April 12 – 14
4 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Baku City Circuit April 26 – 28
5 Spanish Grand Prix Circuit de Catalunya May 10 – 12
6 Monaco Grand Prix Monaco May 23 – 26
7 Canadian Grand Prix Circuit Gilles Villeneuve June 7 – 9
8 French Grand Prix Paul Ricard June 21 – 23
9 Austrian Grand Prix Red Bull Ring June 28 – 30
10 British Grand Prix Silverstone July 12 – 14
11 German Grand Prix Hockenheimring July 26 – 28
12 Hungarian Grand Prix Hungaroring August 2 – 4
13 Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps August 30 – September 1
14 Italian Grand Prix Monza September 6 – 8
15 Singapore Grand Prix Singapore September 20 – 22
16 Russian Grand Prix Sochi Autodrom September 27 – 29
17 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka October 11 – 13
18 Mexican Grand Prix Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez October 25 – 27
19 United States Grand Prix Circuit of the Americas November 1 – 3
20 Brazilian Grand Prix Interlagos November 15 – 17
21 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Yas Marina November 29 – December 1

Tyres

No more hyper super dooper soft etc.
All races will just have Hard, Medium, Soft, Inters and Wets to make it easier for casual viewers. The actual compound used to make each tyre will be largely aligned to five of the compounds used in 2018.

Hard - White
Medium - Yellow
Soft - Red
Full Wet - Blue
Intermediate - Green

Team Changes

- Red Bull Racing signed a contract that will see the team end its twelve-year partnership with Renault and switch to Honda power units. In doing so, Red Bull Racing joined sister team Scuderia Toro Rosso in using Honda power after Scuderia Toro Rosso joined the Japanese manufacturer in 2018. Neither team will be recognised as Honda's official factory team under the terms of the agreement.

- The Racing Point F1 Team completed the transition from Racing Point Force India as a result of the purchase of Sahara Force India team's assets which began in August 2018.

- Sauber was renamed Alfa Romeo Racing as part of a sponsorship deal.

Driver Changes

IN
Daniil Kvyat [Scuderia Toro Rosso]
Alexander Albon [Scuderia Toro Rosso]
Lando Norris [McLaren]
Antonio Giovinazzi [Alfa Romeo Racing]
George Russell [Williams]
Robert Kubica [Williams]

OUT
Fernando Alonso [McLaren] - Retired
Brendon Hartley [Scuderia Toro Rosso] - Ferrari test drive role
Soffel Vandoorne [McLaren] - Formula E
Marcus Ericsson [Sauber] - Indycar
Sergey Sirotkin [Williams] - Renault F1 reserve driver
Esteban Ocon [Racing Point Force India] - Mercedes reserve driver

MOVED
Daniel Ricciardo [Red Bull Racing to Renault]
Charles Leclerc [Sauber to Ferrari]
Kimi Raikkonen [Ferrari to Alfa Romeo Racing]
Pierre Gasly [Scuderia Toro Rosso to Red Bull Racing]
Carlos Sainz [Renault to McLaren]
Lance Stroll [Williams to Racing Point F1]

Technical Regulation Changes

- In a bid to improve overtaking, teams agreed to a series of aerodynamic changes that affect the profile of the front and rear wings. The front wing endplates were reshaped to alter the airflow across the car and reduce the effects of aerodynamic turbulence and winglets above the main plane of the front wing have been banned. The slot in the rear wing was widened, making the drag reduction system (DRS) more powerful. The agreed-upon changes were drawn from the findings of a working group set up to investigate potential changes to the technical regulations in preparation for the 2021 championship.

- Parts of the technical regulations governing bodywork were rewritten in a bid to promote sponsorship opportunities for teams. The agreed changes are to mandate smaller bargeboards and limit aerodynamic development of the rear wing endplates to create more space for sponsor logos. The changes were introduced as a response to falling revenues amid teams and the struggles of smaller teams to secure new sponsors.

- The mandated maximum fuel levels were raised from 105 kg to 110 kg so as to minimise the need for drivers to conserve fuel during a race.

- Driver weights are no longer considered when measuring the minimum weight of the car. This change was agreed to following concerns that drivers were being forced to lose dangerous amounts of weight in order to offset the additional weight of the post-2014 generation of turbo-hybrid engines. Drivers who weigh less than 80 kg will have to make up this weight with ballast, located around the seat to minimise possible performance gains. The changes were introduced to eliminate the advantage drivers with a naturally-smaller body shape had over taller and heavier drivers, and to discourage unhealthy diet and exercise regimes to improve performance.

Sporting Regulation Changes

*TBC at time of writing*
The FIA World Motor Sport Council has approved plans for an extra Formula 1 world championship point to be awarded for fastest lap, starting from the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

The rules will follow a similar format to the one employed in Formula E, with the bonus point only being awarded if the driver concerned finishes in the top 10.

Safety Regulation Changes

- The FIA introduced a new standard for driver helmets designed to improve safety. Under the new standard, helmets will be subjected to a more thorough range of crash tests aimed at improving energy absorption and deflection as well as reducing the likelihood of objects penetrating the helmet's structure.

2019 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

cUqMpbU.png

Melbourne
Lap data
Lap length 5.303km (3.295 miles)
Race laps 58
Race distance 307.574km (191.118 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’24.125 (226.934 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
Fastest lap 1’23.529 (228.553 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2011
Maximum speed 312kph (193.868 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) First and second straight
Distance from grid to turn one 380m
Full throttle 61%
Longest flat-out section 843m
Downforce level High
Fuel use per lap 1.66kg
Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.051s

UK Times
Friday 15th March 2019
Australian Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 12:00-13:30 (UK time: 1:00-2:30)
Australian Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 16:00-17:30 (UK time: 5:00-6:30)
Saturday 16th March 2019
Australian Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 14:00-15:00 (UK time: 3:00-4:00)
Australian Grand Prix Qualifying: 17:00 (UK time: 6:00)
Sunday 17th March 2019
Australian Grand Prix: 16:10 (UK time: 6:10)

Previous Winners
2018 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari Albert Park
2017 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
2016 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes
2015 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2014 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes
2013 Finland Kimi Räikkönen Lotus-Renault
2012 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2011 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2010 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2009 United Kingdom Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes
2008 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2007 Finland Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
2006 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2005 Italy Giancarlo Fisichella Renault
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 United Kingdom David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes
2002 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari

Videos

Vettel on board 2013
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbjD2W8xfok

Barrichello on board 1996
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqwp_fVeqd4

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
D04vI_XWkAAskvH.jpg

Anyone else watched the new F1 - Drive to Survive series on Netflix

View: https://youtu.be/wtJPe1ksS6E

Highly recommended if you are a fan.

I read a review bemoaning the absence of Mercedes and Ferrari - I think that is a positive in this instance - has allowed them to follow the stories of some of the teams lower down the grid.

David

Watched a couple of early FE races a few years ago and was less than enthralled. Watched the Hong Kong race earlier and am getting to be a convert. The lack of aero makes close racing possible and the tightness of the track means an off is likely to be race ending, neither of which feature much in F1 these days. As battery technology has evolved, the cars have longer ranges so do the whole 45 minutes + 1 lap distance. Close to identical cars help with the close racing too - all down to driver skill rather than engineers (and lawyers...)

Still looking forward to next weekend though - when the flag drops (metaphorically!), the b******t stops and we'll see who really has made progress. Here's hoping LeClerc mashes his team-mate (in 7th and 8th!!!)

So I guess for me it's a choice of scouring the internet for a stream, or dodging all news and social media so I can watch the highlights without knowing who has won.

Channel 4 will be showing the British GP live and highlights for all the other races.
Liberty media change their minds as they probably realised they will lose a lot of viewers.
I've also seen the SKY adverts for watching F1 for £10 per month.
Sky should of have left F1 free if the user subscribes to HD TV like they use to do which was fine in 2010 but in 2019 I doubt many people don't have a HD capable TV nowadays.
I know Sky now bundle the documentary channels with the standard package but it's another £5 for having them in HD.
Standard package + HD + F1 + £37 per month!
Murdoch is a robbing b****** and wants to milk his TV service as much as he can which is fine for those into all sports but for me I'm only interested in F1.
I may have been tempted at £10 per month but adding another £5 per month so we can watch in HD is taking the p*** imho.

Murdock is no longer involved in sky....same as Bernie no longer being involved in F1 now they have maximised their retirement packages and disappeared into the sunset....

The HD pack from 2011 is the service I still get, although I do pay almost £70 a month as sky creeps or by £1 or £2 every few months and I didn’t realise the £10 per month for f1 doesn’t even include HD

Channel 4 will be showing the British GP live and highlights for all the other races.
Liberty media change their minds as they probably realised they will lose a lot of viewers.
I've also seen the SKY adverts for watching F1 for £10 per month.
Sky should of have left F1 free if the user subscribes to HD TV like they use to do which was fine in 2010 but in 2019 I doubt many people don't have a HD capable TV nowadays.
I know Sky now bundle the documentary channels with the standard package but it's another £5 for having them in HD.
Standard package + HD + F1 + £37 per month!
Murdoch is a robbing b****** and wants to milk his TV service as much as he can which is fine for those into all sports but for me I'm only interested in F1.
I may have been tempted at £10 per month but adding another £5 per month so we can watch in HD is taking the p*** imho.

I didn't get charged for HD if that helps?

Screenshot 2019-03-10 at 13.53.23.png

Channel 4 have got highlights from 2-4pm on Sunday.

No sign of Ted's notebook in the Sky listings. He may only be doing the European legs.

Just seen this on the news. Thoughts with his family.

I wonder who they'll get to do his job this weekend.
In terms of the actual running of the Australian GP meeting, they have a team, he wouldn't work in isolation. It's the same at all levels of motorsport, including the club level stuff where I used to be clerk of the course - I had a deputy that could step in if something happened to me, or sometimes I was the deputy. The higher up the motorsport tree you go, the bigger the team running the event gets.

In terms of the F1 management side for the FIA, that's going to be an interesting decision, but not one that needs to be made this weekend.

Well that was an unexpected qualifying outcome, apart from Williams that is. Max has put himself right in the mix again, he really shows his potential and in the right car he'll be a world champion of the future.

Well that was an unexpected qualifying outcome, apart from Williams that is. Max has put himself right in the mix again, he really shows his potential and in the right car he'll be a world champion of the future.

Max in a silver car maybe? Lando did well too, good to see mclaren back in q1, hopefully not a blip and the whole midfield seem closer, except Williams

I was hoping for a more exciting race. Great drive by Bottas. Great Result for Stroll and Kvyat.

I was hoping for a more exciting race. Great drive by Bottas. Great Result for Stroll and Kvyat.
Agreed....it was a bit of a procession for a while, but that's the nature of the track...better ones to come [emoji106]

That circuit isn't a brilliant advert for the sport, as overtaking options are few & far between. I'd like to see the DRS function set at 1.5 seconds, at least then cars will have a better chance to catch up in dirty air.

Shame that Leclerc wasn't allowed to show what he can do but Ferrari have always wanted their money to look well spent rather than allow the number 2 driver win.

Shame that Leclerc wasn't allowed to show what he can do but Ferrari have always wanted their money to look well spent rather than allow the number 2 driver win.
Everyone, including Leclerc (especially Leclerc, in fact), knows how Ferrari operate, prioritizing the driver they think has the best opportunity to win the drivers' championship, but not at the expense of the constructors'. He will have signed on to them with his eyes wide open. What he has to do is start outqualifying Vettel or overtaking him early on in a race and putting a car between them and then the team will do things differently.

Still a shame, however wide open his eyes are.

2019 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

XSfFp2p.png

Bahrain International Circuit
Lap data
Lap length 5.412km (3.363 miles)
Race laps 57
Race distance 308.238km (191.53 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’31.447 (Pedro de la Rosa, 2005)
Fastest lap 1’29.527 (Mark Webber, 2005, fourth practice)
Maximum speed 321kph (199.46 mph)
DRS zone/s (race)
Distance from grid to turn one 265m
Full throttle 66%
Longest flat-out section 1205m
Downforce level Medium
Fuel use per lap 1.7kg
Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.054s

UK Times
Friday 29th March 2019
Bahrain Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 12:00-13:30)
Bahrain Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 18:00-19:30 (UK time: 16:00-17:30)
Saturday 30th March 2019
Bahrain Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 15:00-16:00 (UK time: 13:00-14:00)
Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying: 18:00 (UK time: 16:00)
Sunday 31st March 2019
Bahrain Grand Prix: 18:10 (UK time: 16:10)

Previous Winners
2018 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari Sakhir Grand Prix Circuit
2017 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
2016 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes
2015 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2013 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2012 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2011 Cancelled
2010 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari Sakhir Endurance Circuit
2009 United Kingdom Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes Sakhir Grand Prix Circuit
2008 Brazil Felipe Massa Ferrari
2007 Brazil Felipe Massa Ferrari
2006 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2005 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari

Videos

Stroll on board 2017
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46W1GDJWYk

2017 onboard race highlights
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFmTdt5uIfM

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
D2CGjjuWwAAqmbq.jpg

Championship Standings
kSvTazs.png

iQf9aoW.png

Will be interesting to see how Seb reacts to his young faster (this weekend) team mate. Seb doesn't play well when he's being beaten.
Congrats to Leclerc though, just hope Ferarri let him race his own race.

Will be interesting to see how Seb reacts to his young faster (this weekend) team mate. Seb doesn't play well when he's being beaten.
Congrats to Leclerc though, just hope Ferarri let him race his own race.

I guess it will depend on which Ferrari makes it into the 1st corner in first place.

Unless my memory isn't serving me well, this season seems to have started in a similar vein to last year.
I think it'll be a few more races until we can see the true pace between Mercedes and Ferarri.
Mercedes never seem to failwell at Bahrain.
Nice to see Leclerc in pole posistion and lets hope they let him race without team orders.

I don't know if anyone with sky TV has come across this? https://www.formula1.com/en/subscri...V_OvV-LRuW98vHMsaAmxxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#en

It's cheap but it's country specific as to when they actually show the races.
As Sky hold the rights to all the live races in the UK I doubt they will allow a rival to show the races at the same time.
There is no information on the website as to this but I might take a punt and sign up for a month.

I guess it will depend on which Ferrari makes it into the 1st corner in first place.

Sorry but I'll laugh like a drain if SV sticks them both in the gravel outside turn 1. Failing that, I hope (like Darran) that Leclerc is allowed to keep his position (if he manages to retain it through talent).

Sorry but I'll laugh like a drain if SV sticks them both in the gravel outside turn 1. Failing that, I hope (like Darran) that Leclerc is allowed to keep his position (if he manages to retain it through talent).

I get the feeling you also have a wry smile when SV cocks up :D

Maybe, just a little one!!!

Back