Fort William

Name
Jarod
Edit My Images
Yes
Visited Fort William in the weekend.
Saturday was torrential rain and 'severe gales'. Almost got blown over at the seat of Glen Coe.
Scary stuff.
Note to self: Must invest in a better tripod. (perhaps one made of concrete and lead so I can hold on to it and not get blown over!).

I dont really know the names of which lochs these were taken on so if you know, please share! :)

C&C most appreciated.

#1 Cascade

3986529901_a1538362f6_o.jpg

#2 Just outside Fort William

3986528521_639f854347_o.jpg

#3 A rock

3986530319_91d9a55db7_o.jpg

#4 On a Loch

3987283490_4fc20f4c72_o.jpg

#5 A stream

3986529071_c57f852dda_o.jpg

#6 B&W stream

3987282508_d68c96bfc9_o.jpg

I don't usually like long exposure water shots, but I do like your b&w conversion of no.6 !!

Really like all these, especially the reflections in #2.

I like long exposure water shots ;)

Lovely images, Fort William is possibly my favourite part of the country. I particularly like no. 2 and no.4.

No. 3 reminds me of this shot i took in Glen Nevis:

622711449_f47c3f23da.jpg

These shots are making me look forward to going back to Scotland next month! (y)

Yep 1 & 3 for me as well. Like all of them though.

Andy

1,2,3 & 6 for me. Great set!!!

Cracking set of photo's, I think you got the shutter speed spot on for the water shots as you have retained some of the action of the water. No. 5 though looks out of place though, maybe the shutter speed was a little too long and it is not as interesting as the other water shots. Great stuff :)

I love the movement in the water on no 3 and the refections in no 2.

Number 3 for me, the comp and movement in the water is spot on!

All are cracking shots but I do like the reflections in No2

I love the whole set, but my favorites without a doubt are 1, 2 and 3.

4 looks like a beautiful scene that just nearly worked. I can see what you were trying but it needs something to strengthen it. Maybe a pano crop removing 50% of the sky? Not 100% sure though.

5 is could probably have done with slightly less of an exposure to bring back some of the water detail. Still a great photo all the same.

6 is a great conversion, but the content isn't as strong as the others.

Still not sure about 'milky' water but having said that No3 is brilliant (y) , just the right amount of creativity.

I love all of these, hope you dont mind but I have been checking your EXIF data to get the exposure times.
I love number three, for me exposure time is perfect as you still have nice clear areas of water as well as the milky

I really like these.

#2 looks a tad soft and too dark in places but that could be my monitor.

A nice set, well done and thanks for sharing.

I love this set. I've no problem with water shown in any form. I think we're either attracted or repelled by the fantasy world aspect of it. Saying all this my favourite by far is #4. It doesn't look spectacular, but the play of the clouds, mist and rain in the distance along with the understated pp works brilliantly. I'd have it on my wall.

Back