Forum names , what does yours mean ?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm guessing this has been done before (hopefully not recently) but I often wonder how people have arrived at their chosen forum names , some are obvious , i.e its their real name ! some not so obvious (to me at least)

I'll get the ball rolling with rather unimaginative mrgas

A few years ago I used to race enduros and one of the bikes I owned was a gasgas , I signed up on a enduro forum and couldn't think of a username as I don't frequent many forums , and mrgas was the first thing that I though of .... boring I know !!!

so anyway what does yours mean ?

Tractor Boy - I support the mighty Ipswich Town. The club were nicknamed the Tractor boys and it suits me fine to use it (y)

Big fan of Tears for Fears and love the song "Johnnypanic and the bible of dreams", so being called John, it just seemed perfect.

On some forums I visit, some cheeky so and so, has stolen my username, so have to resort to using Johnnypanicisme.

From my Scouting years (25) I was an ADC-CS and had to visit and organise events for up to 150 Cub Scouts so Won-Tolla (as it should be) was a lone wolf who was welcome at any pack (Rudyard Kipling-Jungle Book)
Miss those days badly, but too old in the tooth now! (and a bad back)

As a birdwatcher I decided to use a bird name when I first played online games.

Tringa is the genus name of various wading birds such as redshanks (which were the first wading birds I saw many years ago), greenshanks and sandpipers.

Dave

It's what I get called in real life :) It's a Scottish abbreviation for George

er... I forgot...

Named after one of my sister's cats, Outlaw. Back in the day ( late 90s) Outlaw was taken for most email accounts and other web names, so I changed the spelling. It's my "net name" everywhere.

Mine is Spanish for Smiling - which is what I try to do in the face of adversity :LOL:

Last edited:
32 years of doing archery at all levels (now retired), hence the shooter, 560 part is a max score in a comp in the US where I managed to get the max many times :)

When I was pregnant with my youngest i started using Bounty (parenting forum) and as my name is bob (short for Rachel isnt it ?!) and i had a bump I was bobsbump had Tami and changed it to bobsbabes

Just a nickname I got from work. Derived from Spike Milligan as I have spikey hair and my name is Neil I got called Spike Neilagin which became shortened overtime to nilagin.
Except now they call me keegan, why I don't know, I don't have a black curly mullet, but the name has now stuck.

Last edited:
I am Kath and I have a ( sorry several) digital camera (s) seems reasonable to me?

During virtually every lesson at school, myself and my best mate, Rob, used to write pages and pages of scripts for a radio play featuring a Bee with a penchant for dictatorship called Mustafa Brain; a baddie called The Black Cockerel who was an evil poultry genius; Specialman, a stick man who ran a successful pizza/DIY emporium, plus a whole host of other randoms that peppered the scripts with bizzaro madness. Being a radio play we needed voices so Rob took Mustafa Brain and I took Specialman. The Black Cockerel was just sinister noises we collected on a tape deck from TV. That's why I stuck with Specialman.....

(the potato trooper avatar is just something I like)

Last edited:
ekhm .... and you get the idea ;)

[YOUTUBE]6W5pq4bIzIw[/YOUTUBE]

Not entirely sure what mine means...:LOL:

I run a sales team for, well guess who :)

Boring really and screwed if I change jobs lol.

'Dinners' is just a play on my surname and has been my nickname since I was about 7 years old.

An old lady I know calls me her bright and breezy lass - not sure about the bright bit:LOL:

Big fan of Tears for Fears and love the song "Johnnypanic and the bible of dreams", so being called John, it just seemed perfect.

On some forums I visit, some cheeky so and so, has stolen my username, so have to resort to using Johnnypanicisme.

Which album did that come from? I'm a big TFF fan, but mostly of their older stuff, and I've never heard that song.

EDIT: Just checked on YouTube and I see it is from their Seeds of Love album. I'm not entirely sure why I don't have that one, actually - I'll have to be changing that.

EDIT EDIT: Now bought it off Amazon :)

Last edited:
I had a fella from the SWPP forum visit me early last year enquiring if my ezybox was for sale. It wasn't, but I reccommended he look up FITP on here for a cheaper alternative.

"Flash in the Pan?" he said. "I think I'll give that a miss!"

First name and initial of last name. I use it on just about all forums because it's easy, and I'm too lazy to come up with anything more imaginative.

Back