Fotolia paying for bulk loads of Stock Photos

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Recieved the follwing today from Fotolia :-

As a special thank you and New Years offer Fotolia has developed the following upload promotion to reward those photographers and artist who upload many images.

Beginning December 29th 2005 ( today ! ) till January 31st 2006 Fotolia will reward photographers and artists who upload more than 50 approved images.

The following table outlines how many credits Fotolia will provide photographers who upload many approved images:

0.20 credits for every uploaded approved image over 50
0.35 credits for every uploaded approved image over 100
0.50 credits for every uploaded approved image over 500

The follow example should clarify things.

If you upload 1000 approved images in January you will earn:

(0.20 X 50) + (0.35 X 400) + (0.50 X 500) = 400 Credits (£ 228). You may cash out the money at the end of January.

This program only applies to new images uploaded from December 29th 2005 till January 31st 2006. Images uploaded previously do not apply.

The only thing we ask for in return is that you not delete the images for a period of at least 1 year from acceptance date (for obvious reasons).

To give an idea of what is acceptable, I uploaded a dozen shots & all accepted....so others should be more than OK ;)

Good excuse to practice some "Stock Photo" shooting....not sure about a 1000 though !! ..get some pocket money & you never know someone may even buy one of the images one day :whistle2:

Gets even better for Feb !!

Beginning February 1, 2006 Fotolia will pay 0.20 credits for EVERY image uploaded and accepted by our editing team. No thresholds, and a simple calculation: 1 accepted picture in Febuary = 0.20 credits for the photographer. As with the January Upload Program you must keep your images online for a minimum of 12 months

WIth Fotalia, is the license you grant them exclusive?
I was having a browse last night at some shots and TBH some of them really do suck :p If they can have images accepted, and I'm no pro photographer, but if some of those can get through, then I've got a whole HD full that should make it... ;)

Just a thought, has anyone got a gallery/account with Fotalia, and would you like to share with us the process of signing up, getting your images accepted etc? So we (including me ;)) knows what to expect?

I've signed up & to be honest it's pretty straight forward & explained well during the process.

Re exclusive rights, you have a few different options when listing your shots. One is to give the buyer exclusive rights, which you get more money for. Most common is to be exclusive to Fotolia, but as many people as possible can use. Then you can choose non-exclusive to Ephoto, which from memory was about 50% less commision.

What I have learned is to update Photo info in PS for areas such as keywords (minimum 7 for site) & copyright owner etc, as these are then used to auto fill most of the info in Fotolia when you upload.

Best bet is to have a go..... your getting paid for doing it ;) & like you said the standard doesn't seem to be that high for acceptance.....well I haven't been rejected yet :laugh1:

Back