Fotospeed FD10 dev - Kentmere film - HELP!

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Our university has just changed there developer from ID11 to FD10. A lot of people in my class have been using Kentmere 400 (at 400 as well as pushing it to 800) as it is one of the cheapest films available. Though there is no time to hand tank develop it in FD10. We are being asked to develop at 1+9, with the water at 20 degrees.

I was wondering if anyone has done this before or worked it out before and knows the times?

Sammy.

I've used FD 10 in college at 1+9 12-14 minutes was about right for HP5/FP4/Legacy Pro. Agitation once a minute.

Pushed Legacy Pro 400 to 1600 with it too. Think I developed it for around 20-22 minutes.

Last edited:
I've used FD 10 in college at 1+9 12-14 minutes was about right for HP5/FP4/Legacy Pro. Agitation once a minute.

Massive Dev Chart suggests 7/6/7 minutes respectively for each of those emulsions at the 1+9 dilution. I'm sure it's worked fine for you, but Massive Dev Chart tends to be assimilated from good sources such as technical sheets for each film/developer.

It might be worth trying the HP5+ times - I haven't found any data which seems to point to a definite time.

Massive Dev Chart suggests 7/6/7 minutes respectively for each of those emulsions at the 1+9 dilution. I'm sure it's worked fine for you, but Massive Dev Chart tends to be assimilated from good sources such as technical sheets for each film/developer.

It might be worth trying the HP5+ times - I haven't found any data which seems to point to a definite time.

7 minutes seems quite short based on my experience with it, shoot a test roll and see how it looks at 7 minutes, base your next Dev times off that.

Back