fotoVUE Iceland, Lake District Second Edition, Some Offers And Other News

Mick Ryan

Advertiser
Name
Michael Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
newsletter_image.jpg

I hope you are well and with autumn just starting are planning to get out and about.

Pre-orders for the second edition of Photographing The Lake District by Stuart Holmes will be going live in October, for November publication. Stuart has significantly expanded this edition with additional locations and images, and it includes several photo-mountain walks similar to Nick Livesey's Snowdonia Mountains book.

Photographing Northumberland - slight seconds

A couple of hundred of Anita’s amazing guide to Northumberland had a slight purple wash on a two pages. It doesn’t spoil the enjoyment or usefulness of her work, but rather than recycling them or worse binning them, we are offering them at discounted price of £14.95 including free UK shipping.
You can purchase a copy here

Photographing London - offer

George’s book to London came out a few months before the lockdown during which London was off-limits, so of-course sales were low. Now things are a little freer, we decided to knock £10 off the RRP (including free UK shipping) in the run up to Christmas to encourage sales. If you haven’t got a copy, here’s your chance, and George’s book makes the perfect gift.
You can purchase a copy here

James Rushforth's Photographing Iceland
has had a great start and thank you to those who bought copies All the reviewers agree it is an astonishing body of work. We still have some of the hardback special editions with the signed GREENLAND Iceberg Arch print left and if you get the main volume, our revolutionary map comes free.

Once Lake District has gone to print we will have news about Alyn Wallace's Photographing The Night Sky, layout is close to completion, and several other titles in preparation.

Thank you all for your support.

All the best,

Mick
Michael Ryan
Director
fotoVUE

How do you pre order the Lake District second edition? Is there a live link yet? I’m guessing it’s exactly the same size as the previous edition.

regarding size of the books. Do you have a standard size you’re generally keeping to? Due to the information inside them your photo guide books are definitely on the larger side for carrying so I usually keep them in the car when at location. The snowdonia book is a lot larger than the others. It’s packed with great info but feels too large to carry around outside of the house. It feels like it’s moving towards a photography coffee table book rather than a guide book due to the larger size. If the guide books are getting larger and thicker are you thinking of doing a digital version to go with the guidebook (a bit like what OS maps do with there maps)?

Last edited:
Interested in the lake district vol 2 if a link becomes available, London is other end of the country and I can only dream of going to Iceland!

Just ordered the Northumberland one.

Bought the London one a couple of years ago.

I'm actually going to Iceland at teh end of the month (hopefully) but can't justify that price I'm afraid.
The book is worth the price. The quantity of info in it dwarfs the info in the other books. I have the London book also but Iceland Volume 1 is much thicker, and much much more informative. From accommodation, seasons, viewpoints, parking, how to get there etc it's got everything covered. There is also the map, which would be useful if you are travelling by yourself rather than a tour. Volume 2 covers the Highlands.

Mick has told me he has been preoccupied with getting the new Lake District book to the printer in the last week or two, but will be back here very shortly to answer the questions above.

Preorder for the Lake District book placed - looking forward to some December reading!!

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work has been intense.

Thank you for the orders and support very much appreciated.

London Vol 2 should be released next year. Cotswolds and Surrey and Sussex are after Photographing The Night Sky next year.

Black Volcanic Ash Friday - 25% off

Use the coupon ASH at the checkout for 25% off all books (except those currently on offer). This coupon is good until Monday evening.

All the best,

Mick

Back