Found film, or film processed long after exposure

I got a Super Takumar 28mm f3.5 lens off Ebay a few months ago which came with an Asahi Pentax SV as a rear lens cap. There was a 24 exposure Kodak Max 400 film in it which I finally got around to developing at the weekend. There were 6 exposures on it, and then a few more blank ones where I assume the Ebay seller had been trying the shutter out with the lens cap on - luckily for me as I only realised there was film in it when I opened the back (and quickly closed it) but fortunately the fogging didn't reach the six exposed images. As developed the film base is dark grey rather than the usual C41 orange but my scanner (Nikon CoolScan IV) managed to get reasonable scans with ROC (recovery of colour) set to 1.

Below are the first three images, presumably a departure lounge in an airport, anyone recognise the airport?
IMG_2023-07-31-220142.jpegIMG_8470.jpegIMG_8472.jpeg

These were the other 3 images on the film, nothing afterwards.
IMG_8476.jpegIMG_8477.jpegIMG_8475.jpeg

I'm surprised that having presumably travelled far no more pictures were taken after these ones.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that having presumably travelled far no more pictures were taken after these ones.
Or maybe not, the DX code on the cassette is 013153 which, according to this site is Kodak Max 400-8 GC (and has the same DX code as Kodak Gold II 400 ISO CG (sic) 400-8 which has a start date of 1992) but is thought to have been distributed by Kodak Australasia Pty. Ltd.

Edit: checked the film rebate: 'Kodak GC 400-8'

Last edited:
Back