Found film, or film processed long after exposure

A couple of Kodachrome slides which I inherited or rather rescued when my dad died.
George Robert Watson, a Yorkshireman on holiday, 1961, possibly Fishman's Wharf, San Francisco. A 4x4 super slide.
OnThePier_JPEG5.jpg
John Watson and sons. Disneyland, Anaheim, 1960ish. I spotted the teacup and passengers but couldn't be bothered to clean the rest of the slide up.
TeaCup_JPEG5.jpg

Three odd found pictures scanned from negatives.

Oliver typewriter repair shop, from the sequence of photographs this workshop appears to be connected to the shop/showroom. The factory was in Croydon but this shop may possibly have been at 75, Queen Victoria Street, London.
866_011_JPEG5.jpg
Girl with scary dolly.
859_010_JPEG5.jpg
Holiday chalet.
858_005_JPEG5.jpg

A couple of Kodachrome 64 slides. The date is unknown, but possibly the winter of 1981/82 (one of the other slides in this set shows a Commer van who's tax expired for the last time in March 1982). Not sure of the location, but one of the other slides shows a brick wall on which someone has scratched "LFC", which might indicate Liverpool.

Kodachrome 64
by a_bit_of_this_a_bit_of_that, on Flickr

Kodachrome 64-2

Last edited:
Ok developing experts, what are the thoughts on developing this, bearing in mind I have no idea what film is actually loaded!

View attachment 97539

I'm planning on picking up a small bottle of Rodinal so I'm guessing semi-stand for an hour is probably best but what concentration? I'll be using the teeny tiny Minox daylight tank which only uses 55ml of developer.
I've mentioned them in the past but for all things Minox including development and scanning I'd suggest speaking with MS Hobbies of Putney High St. Very helpful people.

Thanks. I went with Rodinal in the end and got quite a few usable images;

Nice. I hadn't realized how old this thread was. I made a bit of a pig's ear of my first Minox film development but as I have a B and a C I guess I will be getting some practice!

Here's a few from a camera I bought a few years ago, may have been a Ross Ensign 12-20. Looks like Madeira in the 70's to me.

and my personal favourite :)

Suck-it-in by Andy, on Flickr
I’m pretty sure I’ve stayed in that hotel

Last edited:
A couple of Kodachromes from a batch dated March 1972 depicting a mountain hike. These evoke Scotland for me, but I could be way off the mark. My knowledge of mountains is not that good, sadly.

EDIT: I was correct with Scotland. These are in Glen Coe - Gearr Aonach and Aonach Dubh respectively.

Mountain-3

Mountain-2

Last edited:
Messrs Pratt & Co
The woman on the right is having to look round the twig. There is another, probably earlier, picture where she is obscured by vegetation.
Camera? Film? Date?
I made a bid on what I thought was some actual, unused POP paper and received the two POP paper envelopes with 2 x 8 6x9 negatives of the the Pratts. Disappointed about the POP but more than compensated by the pictures.
1573_005 copy_JPEG5.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, don't mean to take over this thread but I went through my pictures today, looking for something, can't quite remember what. So I chose a few pictures which I can't take credit for. Hope you enjoy them...

Firstly, three pictures taken at an engineering factory I worked at for ten years between 1968 and 1979. Nothing to do with my work but scanned from prints, from the engine pictures catalogue 1929. I found myself in charge of engineering reprographics and, as the department was being wound up, I found the last filing cabinet of photographic plates and prints, bear in mind that this company had been photographing every last thing that left the factory since the dawn of time.

Assembled flywheel in what was to be the testbed department. This is, apparently for engine E631. The geezer is obviously a foreman, having a bowler hat.
HickHargreaves_008.jpg
Two stage steam eject unit on, perhaps, a distlillation column?
HickHargreaves_040.jpg
Pickfords lorry with cargo...
HickHargreaves_039.jpg
Part of engine E822.
Almost certainly every picture was taken using a Thornton Pickard Imperial camera, the actual camera I owned for a while and, shamefully, sold to Campkins of Cambridge in exchange for a spare SLR body

Last edited:
I miss Kodachrome, if there's one film I'd love to see brought back it would be this.

H'mm I used to Kodachrome in 60s and early 70s for holiday shots of e.g. scenery because IMO negative film was crap in comparison, but could Kodachrome compete with modern neg films...........just saying

H'mm I used to Kodachrome in 60s and early 70s for holiday shots of e.g. scenery because IMO negative film was crap in comparison, but could Kodachrome compete with modern neg films...........just saying
It would give modern films something to aspire to

Back