Four from a recent trip to american west coast

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all

First post here. Just got back from a 3 week road trip through Yosemite , Zion, Bryce, Crand canyon. Loads of images to sort but thought i would share 3 that i have managed to sort so far.

C&C always welcome.

Rob

Yosemite Looking to El Capitan
Yosemite

Tenaya Lake looking from Olmsted Point - Tioga Road Yosemite
Tenaya Lake Yosemite by Robert Sims, on Flickr

Horseshoe bend - could make it there with early afternoon light
Horseshow Bend

Sunrise from Yaki Point Grand Canyon
Morning Light

:welcome:
I bite for two and three… very convincing! :cool:

Last edited:
Nice set but that second shot is stunning

Very nice set of images Sir, all very nice but #2 would be my fav'.(y)

George.

1. With a softer lighting this would be really lovely. Obviously you were under time constraints and had an intinery so waiting/being early for the light might not have been possible. Using an ND filter might have smoothed the water to get clearer reflections.
2. Wonderful.
3. Bit more sky needed to make it feel balanced as a composition. Softer light would have worked better too.
4. Great composition but I reckon needs a good exposure lift, why's the sky so dark?

Thanks everyone really appreciate the comments

Last edited:
1. With a softer lighting this would be really lovely. Obviously you were under time constraints and had an intinery so waiting/being early for the light might not have been possible. Using an ND filter might have smoothed the water to get clearer reflections.
2. Wonderful.
3. Bit more sky needed to make it feel balanced as a composition. Softer light would have worked better too.
4. Great composition but I reckon needs a good exposure lift, why's the sky so dark?

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback - really appreciated.

1. Correct time constraints for the entire trip was a problem - will be going back to the like of Yosemite with loads of time or morning and evening - at some point :) Great call on the ND, did not think of that at the time.
2. Thanks
3. Agreed on the light, was just a stop on a very long drive so midday sun was what it was but the sight was worth the stop. Know what you mean about the sky !
4. I will have a play - I like the shot and was trying to show the morning light off

Thanks again

Rob

2 really is the standout shot here, but they're all good. I have a few similar to 1 from Canada, but could never get that level of clarity.

Just something you may (or may not) find interesting.

I was looking over the Light L16 camera (weird thing, if you've not heard of it, look it up).

About the size of a smart phone, but one of the images they took was of Horseshoe bend.

I'll post the link rather than the image, as it's 80Mb

https://light.co/assets/images/hi-res/HorseshoeBend.jpg

Second one for me as well, by far the best - the light and view is spectacular. The only criticism I have is it could have done with slightly more breathing space at the bottom if that was possible, but excellent nevertheless

Great set of images, number 2 though.....wow! Congrats!

Amazing how incredibly blue the sky is there. Yosemite was very low on water when we went. Love #2

Great set of images, number 2 though.....wow! Congrats!

Thanks

Amazing how incredibly blue the sky is there. Yosemite was very low on water when we went. Love #2

agreed when the weather (and fires) where cooperating the skies are very nice. Not much water for us either, cannot decide if the crowds are worth a visit when the water is running fast.

Rob

Back