Wild Fox in Last Light

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
Spent yesterday evening with this gorgeous vixen.

vixen.jpg

Always lovely to see a fox and she is a beautiful specimen, in top condition by the looks.

It's a lovely image but 3 nit picks if I may? Top left corner distracts me, as do the highlights on the ripples under her lifted leg/foot. It's sharp where it needs to be, the head and particularly the face/eyes but for me, the DOF drop off spoils it, with her body and tail OOF. I know your feelings on that Des, I respect that and I see that it emphasises her face even more but it does distract from an otherwise beautiful image for me.

This is of course, very subjective, the intial impact is one of a lovely image of a lovely animal, I would give my high teeth to have 'my' fox visit during decent light like that, all I usually get is something like 1/60 sec at best, so kudos for getting her to visit when she does. (y)

Lucky you she is a beauty
Thank you both, appreciate it.

Always lovely to see a fox and she is a beautiful specimen, in top condition by the looks.

It's a lovely image but 3 nit picks if I may? Top left corner distracts me, as do the highlights on the ripples under her lifted leg/foot. It's sharp where it needs to be, the head and particularly the face/eyes but for me, the DOF drop off spoils it, with her body and tail OOF. I know your feelings on that Des, I respect that and I see that it emphasises her face even more but it does distract from an otherwise beautiful image for me.

This is of course, very subjective, the intial impact is one of a lovely image of a lovely animal, I would give my high teeth to have 'my' fox visit during decent light like that, all I usually get is something like 1/60 sec at best, so kudos for getting her to visit when she does. (y)
It is indeed subjective, Dale. Makes life more interesting! Especially true with regard to DOF. This would not have worked if the entire face wasn't in focus. If you're to get the whole subject in focus, I'm not sure that even at f16 that's possible, given the distance I was to her and the position of the body. In any case, that's not my style as you said. Perhaps this next one is more to your preference?

vixen2.jpg

Back