Beginner Fps

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
hi I have a canon 600d can you adjust the fps for continuous shooting I can't seem to find it for some reason thanx in advance

I'm a Nikon user but I know your instruction manual
could help you in this. Intimate knowledge of your
gear is a MUST… the RFM strategy!

hi I have a canon 600d can you adjust the fps for continuous shooting I can't seem to find it for some reason thanx in advance

Looking at the specs it would appear not, I don't think there are a many cameras where you can do this, some Fuji's offer high and low speeds

Looking at the specs it would appear not, I don't think there are a many cameras where you can do this, some Fuji's offer high and low speeds
Lots of Canon's do too.
Does the 600d? No, that's the disadvantage of the lower end bodies.

3.7 fps would have been awesome at one point, but compared to higher end modern cameras, it's not great.

Is a higher fps that important? My 1D shoots 10 fps and all that means normally is I have so many more frames to look through. Machine gun shooting isn't really the way to go - I used to shoot lots of sports and would rather shoot 2-3 shot bursts.

I am too looking at a choice of 10 or 6 fps cameras and have been told that prediction is key rather than long bursts

I used to shoot motorsport in the 90's with Canon FD bodies.

I didn't earn enough to WANT to use more than 1 or 2 shots at a time!
0-36 in 3.6 seconds with the EOS-1 RS or 5.14 seconds with the EOS-3 with power drive booster fitted. Those were the days! ;)

- I used to shoot lots of sports and would rather shoot 2-3 shot bursts
10 fps doesn't mean you have to use 10 fps, but what it does mean is that your 2-3 shot burst frames are closer together, giving you a better opportunity to get the money shot (as they say) or not :)

10 fps doesn't mean you have to use 10 fps, but what it does mean is that your 2-3 shot burst frames are closer together, giving you a better opportunity to get the money shot (as they say) or not :)

Yep, that's right. I'd rather try and anticipate the shot, plus if your camera can shoot 10fps when you do shoot 2-3 then you know there should be no buffering just in case something unexpected happens.

Yep, that's right. I'd rather try and anticipate the shot, plus if your camera can shoot 10fps when you do shoot 2-3 then you know there should be no buffering just in case something unexpected happens.
We all try to anticipate the shot regardless of the number of frames our cameras can use. ;)

However many fps your individual camera can do, you should check how the camera buffer reacts to different amounts of shots, just in case you are in a high pressure environment needing many high fps bursts imho.

Many new mid range DSLRs may be able to sustain the highest fps until the card is full for Jpegs. Shooting in RAW may lead to the buffer getting full, and so slowing down the frame rate because of the much larger files. Using uncompressed modes may lead to even larger files, and have a more negative effect on how quickly the buffer fills. Thankfully my new camera can do 10 fps for 200 RAW files. Not that I will ever test such claims, it should ensure that I don't ever have to worry about the buffer filling up though, regardless of the number of bursts I ever do. :D

My K5 allows switching between 3.3fps and 7fps but as mentioned above a high fps often just gives lots of very similar shots to review.

Dave

My K5 allows switching between 3.3fps and 7fps but as mentioned above a high fps often just gives lots of very similar shots to review.

Dave
Yes but getting used to 10fps on the A6000 in the "hi" setting the two lower ones (mid and lo) just feels like "low bat"

as mentioned above a high fps often just gives lots of very similar shots to review.
Depends on the subject surely. A fairly static scene will probably not need to be in continuous shooting mode, never mind a high frame rate. It can be handy for large static groups of people though to try and get a moment with most peoples eyes open. ;)

Something moving fast, like these pics I took at 10fps can show a scene evolving in a fraction of a second. A lower frame rate I would obviously not have got so many images.

Back