Framing A Portrait

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Framing a portrait monkeydave style :LOL:

ive been having a little play any thoughts on these would be greatfully received...

frame.jpg

frame-1.jpg

many thanks for looking as always

md(y)

Seen this sort of thing a few times. The 1st of Yours I like.
If you really want to have fun change the body for yours?

Great shots, I think you could do a version of the HP advert there, stick a print of her head in the frame and have her lift it away so her real face appears behind/below it.

(y)

thanks for the feedback gentlemen..

md(y)

prefer the 2nd.

She has lovely eyes and they are displayed better in the 2nd :)

Very nice shots mate - 2nd shot for me too - still going from strength to strength with these portraits I see, helps that you have a cute model & we don't have to look at self portraits :LOL: (y)

(Clean up the flooring though, the right-hand side is looking a bit grubby - I use the eyedropper tool set to 5x5 average, select the main flooring colour & paint over it with a soft edged brush at about 4% flow - I've had to do this on a lot of studio portraits & find it quicker, easier & more consistent than the clone or heal tools)

thanks for your thoughts people...(y)

cheers mike ill try that..

here is another from the same set " also in indepth crit at the moment"

frame3.jpg

cheers

md(y)

No2 for me Dave - the eye contact is superb (y)

TBH I prefer both of these to the one you posted in "in depth crit" ;)

:thinking:

sorry paul but this supprises me could you please elaborate.
if you dont mind as i think the indepth one is better imho

md(y)

Sorry for the delay in replying Dave.

A few reasons tbh......

As you know I had a couple of niggles with the In Depth version (the visible frame clips and the halo-ing around her hands etc), none of which are evident in the two in this thread.

I think the poses are all excellent but, for me, these 2 just look better. Not sure why, I guess it's a personal thing. I do think they look more natural and relaxed poses where the original looks a bit staged.

I also think the skin tones look warmer and more gentle in these 2. By comparison the original looks a bit cold and harder. Possibly something to do with the sharpening :shrug: The 2 in this thread def look softer and better for it.

Of course thats all just my opinion Dave ;) To be fair they're all great shots (y)

appreciate that paul i can see what you mean.
thanks for taking the time..

md(y)

Back