Free and simple image editor?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,
My dad has recently got a digital camera. I want to find him a decent free photo editor that is very simple to use. All he wants to do is open an image, resize it to email-able sizes and perhaps do some red-eye reduction - not a lot more than that.

Can anyone recommend me some simple software he can use? I've tried MS Photo Editor that comes with Office but it doesn't do red-eye and makes a complete hash of resizing images in terms of quality. Any software suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt

[pulp fiction] Bring out the gimp![/pulp fiction]

:laugh1: sorry, couldn't resist

Have a click HERE for whats regarded as one of the best free image editing packages around. it should do all you need.

But a word of warning, the Gimp is hardly user friendly! I use it at work and its powerfull but I don't think its for the novice.

Hehe, I struggle with the Gimp so my dad would be tearing his hair out! The interface is shocking :confused:

Picasa on the other hand, is just the ticket - even automatically resizes the pictures and attaches them to an email. Spot on!

Cheers,
Matt

For the sake of £39, buy Paintshop Pro 9. Just make sure you buy it from the US site (give it a duff address), otherwise you'll pay double for the exact same download from the UK site.

Again I would have to say Picas due to the features needed and the easy interface, while some of the other suggestions are for better, more powerful products, for someone who only needs somthing that does the basics and is a breeze to use, Picasa fits the bill.

Hehe, MsPaint is good for the red eye - just get the black spray can and click around!

Nope, Picasa is the clear winner. Proof of this is that he has used the PC while I was at work to email a load of pictures around, edit them and print some off. Think that settles it!

Matt

Faststone, I think I'll download that and have a look.

Back