Notice Free darkroom kit

I have no need for one ( good job really given how far from Cornwall I live ) but thanks for the heads up.(y)

I suspect some fusty crusty will make use of it:)

Wasn't really sure what section to put it in, I have two others so don't need it

The offer's in the right place. (y)
Just giving the Darkroom Denizens a heads-up. :)

I must admit I keep looking at it, but I barely use the b&w enlarger I have, so it'd be me having it for the sake of it.

I looked at this too, but it is 35mm only and in Cornwall, so too far.
Now if anyone had a freebie that did 6x6 or 6x7 as well as 35mm, that would be different

Gear Acquisition Syndrome .
It's endemic in this part of the internet.
Though I am definitely going down the film processing route, GAS is often the reason we buy equipment just to prove to ourselves that we didn’t need it anyway, we just thought we did.

Web says it does 6x7. Offer says 35mm only.
Could 35mm be the only carrier this one comes with?

6x7, and anything smaller
a 35mm enlarger will do nothing bigger than 35mm.
carriers for this enlarger are available, so even if it only comes with a 35, you can still get carriers up to 6x7..:)

Isn't it called the "6700" precisely because it does up to 6x7?

They are great enlargers - in a different time I'd have snapped this up!

I haven't checked the enlarger spec, but it's more likely to be the condensers. I have a Philips colour enlarger that will do 6x7, but only if the 6x7 condensers are used. I have the 35mm ones. My Durst enlarger has separate condensers for different film sizes, and I had to buy the 6x7 ones years ago. My LPL is a diffuser enlarger, but still has different diffuser boxes for the different film sizes.

Last edited:
I haven't checked the enlarger spec, but it's more likely to be the condensors. I have a Philips colour enlarger that will do 6x7, but only if the 6x7 condensors are used. I have the 35mm ones. My Durst enlarger has separate condensors for different film sizes, and I had to buy the 6x7 ones years ago. My LPL is a diffuser enlarger, but still has different diffuser boxes for the different film sizes.

hes only got the 35mm carrier ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hes only got the 35mm carrier ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've re-read the thread (and the one in the freebies) and missed this post. Where does he say it? All I could see was the "it only does 35mm" statement.

I've re-read the thread (and the one in the freebies) and missed this post. Where does he say it? All I could see was the "it only does 35mm" statement.

on another " F ilm A nd D arkroom U ser type forum that's what he says ,,,,,

Fair enough; it still begs the question whether the reason he only has the 35mm carrier is that the enlarger is only configured for 35mm (I only have 35mm carriers for the Philipps as it was sold in 35mm configuration).

It would have been helpful though if you'd said that that piece of information wasn't availble on this forum.

lol at this thread...:LOL:

still, its getting lots of......exposure

As far as I can tell, its a diffusion enlarger, so no condensers, doesn't need em, its not a condenser enlarger.

unless the OP has something more to add, its a 6x7 enlarger that requires nothing but the correct carrier for the format you want to enlarge and a little tlc for the filter mechanism.
that is, it will enlarge any sized negative with the correct carrier or the universal carrier, up to 6x7.
it doesn't need condensers, just because its bought with only a 35mm carrier doesn't mean it won't enlarge 6x7, it will......with the right carrier, that's what it is built to do.

:)

if the op comes along now and says its a condenser enlarger, I'm just gonna go put my head in the oven...lol

I have never used the enlarger as I got the wrong bulb for it and I have two other ones. It only has a 35mm carrier and as I know nothing about it and have no instructions for it which is why I have listed it as 35mm. I am giving it away so anyone interested can come and look at it and make their own decisions as its just stuffed in the roof at the moment.

Well it is a very kind offer, and if we lived closer to Cornwall I would have collected it and saved all the comments!
Good luck with the freebie.

yes, extremely generous David, I'm surprised its not been taken, but then you are living abroad.

I would definitely have it but the great Jox exodus to sunny foreign climbs doesn't start till July.
mebbe I should pay you storage...lol

yes, extremely generous David, I'm surprised its not been taken, but then you are living abroad.

I would definitely have it but the great Jox exodus to sunny foreign climbs doesn't start till July.
mebbe I should pay you storage...lol

Whoa boy, I am in Wales, not New South Wales

Sorry, I still can't see where it states that there is only a 35mm carrier in that post. All I could see (then and now) is the simple statement that it only does 35mm with no reason given for the limitation.

unless the OP has something more to add, its a 6x7 enlarger that requires nothing but the correct carrier for the format you want to enlarge and a little tlc for the filter mechanism.
that is, it will enlarge any sized negative with the correct carrier or the universal carrier, up to 6x7.
it doesn't need condensers, just because its bought with only a 35mm carrier doesn't mean it won't enlarge 6x7, it will......with the right carrier, that's what it is built to do.

My obviously erroneous assumption (I did say I hadn't checked the specification) was that this enlarger was like my LPL enlarger, that although not a condenser enlarger requires different diffuser boxes for different negative sizes. Based on that, it seemed probable that a 35mm box wouldn't give even coverage with larger negatives. I simply assumed that all LPL enlargers were similar in operation regardless of size.

Sorry to have muddied the waters - clearly smaller format enlargers work differently.

Whoa boy, I am in Wales, not New South Wales
My post addresses Quendil David, who for his sins, lives in the beautiful yet galactically remote sovereign state of Cornwall.

My obviously erroneous assumption (I did say I hadn't checked the specification) was that this enlarger was like my LPL enlarger, that although not a condenser enlarger requires different diffuser boxes for different negative sizes. Based on that, it seemed probable that a 35mm box wouldn't give even coverage with larger negatives. I simply assumed that all LPL enlargers were similar in operation regardless of size.

Sorry to have muddied the waters - clearly smaller format enlargers work differently.
s'alright Stephen, we ought to have an enlarger thread tbf.
You might be mixing 5x4 enlargers with 120, with the diffusion box thing, they all work the same way though...:)

Back