Thanks Garry,

Positive review left for Amazon to process. Now for more reading……..

Cheers

Shreds

Bugger, missed the deadline so shall buy it anyway!
Si, your purchase is appreciated, but Amazon's Kindle format doesn't suit photo content, so please let me have your email address via PM and I'll send it to you in pdf format.
If possible, do this today or tomorrow because first thing Monday I'll be going back to the farm, no internet there . . .

And thanks also to the people who have posted reviews, these really do help a lot.

Si, your purchase is appreciated, but Amazon's Kindle format doesn't suit photo content, so please let me have your email address via PM and I'll send it to you in pdf format.
If possible, do this today or tomorrow because first thing Monday I'll be going back to the farm, no internet there . . .

And thanks also to the people who have posted reviews, these really do help a lot.

Cheers Garry, will do and will leave a review also :)

Review left for the Product Photography and Wedding books, :)

Last edited:
An update:
I'm making both Lighting Magic https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L2FWXGC (my ebook on lighting for all sorts of photography) and Product Photography Magic https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PM95HZM (specifically about product photography lighting and product marketing) available to TP members for a further free period.

These are available in pdf format, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you whichever one you want (or both).

The links shown above will take you to the Amazon selling pages where you can, if you wish, leave a review.

A lot of people on here have very generously donated to the charity to which all of the sales income goes, https://www.allforhorses.org.uk/donate but these e-books are free at present and you are NOT expected to make a donation - but having said this, like all other charities we are struggling more than usual due to the Coronavirus outbreak and expect our income to fall dramatically so if you do want to donate then we'll really appreciate it.

Because I'm old and an insulin-dependent diabetic I'm not able to help there at the moment, both of our paid staff members are away, self-isolating at the moment, for obvious reasons we don't have our usual EU students there and another of our trustees, normally volunteering there full time, is stuck in Spain and can't get back. Because of this the person who sends thank you emails when donations are received is working insane hours, and is lagging behind with the thank you notes.

Another vote of thanks to Garry for his fast response to my request for his book. It's been very interesting.

Product Photography Magic has just been updated, with new content including large format photography, using tilt/shift lenses and focus stacking, so we're now on the 3rd edition.

As before, it's available for sale on Amazon but TP members can get a free version in .pdf - just message me with your email address. Please be sure to tell me which book you want - Lighting Magic or Product Photography Magic.

Hi, I'm a new member here and would like to request a pdf of your Lighting Magic book if possible ? However, I'm unable to see how to send PMs. I'm sure it's obvious, but I just can't see the option. Could someone assist me please ? Thanks.

Click on my name, a new page will come up.
Click on my name again, then click on about.
My phone number will then be displayed. I can't answer it tonight, but if you send me a text with your email address I'll do the rest.

With regret, I've decided that I need to make a change to my free offer.
The e-books will continue to be free on request to members who have a minimum of 100 posts, and anyone who has less than 100 posts will need to buy their copy from Amazon.

As you know, I hope and expect that people who get a free copy will write an honest review on Amazon, because reviews help with sales and the money goes to our charity. The reason for this change is that, of the last 17 people with a very low post count who received a free copy, only one had the decency to post a review, I emailed each of the people who hadn't posted their review, asking them to do so, but none did, or even bothered to reply.

Garry, I'm going to have to apologise as I never actually got around to writing a review (I have now). Good luck :)

Hi Garry - is the offer of the free eBook still available? More than happy to post an Amazon review :) Having written a couple of books myself, I know first hand just how much hard work is involved.
To you and other members with at least 100 posts, yes.
Just send me a PM with your email address, and tell me which book you want.

Garry, my sincere apologies, you had been kind enough to send me a copy of your book and I never got 'round to leaving a review.
I have now done this.
Sorry for my oversight, and thanks again.

Received in total - Thank you Garry.
I will indeed read and review as requested.
Many thanks
P

Hi Garry
Just wondering if the offer still stands, as I looking at getting into flash/home studio lights setup.
No problem if not.
Thank you.
David

Hi Garry
Just wondering if the offer still stands, as I looking at getting into flash/home studio lights setup.
No problem if not.
Thank you.
David
Yes, as you have more than 100 posts. Just send me a PM with your email address, and tell me which book you want.

Hi Garry, I am just about to make a lighting purchase but think I need to read your book/books before I invest to ensure I make the right decisions.

My main reason is that I co-own a shop that is becoming more and more online centred and of course product photography is key to getting customers to our website (sadly along with paying google lots of money for the privilege)

Would you recommend both the product photography and the lighting one or is there a lot of lighting covered in the product one ? More than happy to purchase both as in the big scheme of things they are very inexpensive.

Can I purchase them direct to avoid any Amazon costs for yourself ?

Many thanks

Tony

PS Just read the full thread and donated to the charity and sent you a PM

Last edited:
Hi Garry, I am just about to make a lighting purchase but think I need to read your book/books before I invest to ensure I make the right decisions.

My main reason is that I co-own a shop that is becoming more and more online centred and of course product photography is key to getting customers to our website (sadly along with paying google lots of money for the privilege)

Would you recommend both the product photography and the lighting one or is there a lot of lighting covered in the product one ? More than happy to purchase both as in the big scheme of things they are very inexpensive.

Can I purchase them direct to avoid any Amazon costs for yourself ?

Many thanks

Tony

PS Just read the full thread and donated to the charity and sent you a PM
Thanks, books now sent.

Donations are a massive help. As you can imagine, small charities such as ours have lost most of our income since the first lockdown. In case anyone wants to donate and doesn't want to read through all of the thread, the donation page is https://www.allforhorses.org.uk/donate

Lighting Magic covers a wide range of lighting scenarios and I've had invaluable help with people photography content from Owen Lloyd and Michael Sewell, because (mostly) my own people photography was limited to fashion photography.
Product Photography Magic doesn't include the people photography content but does include a lot of additional content on marketing and on e-commerce.

I'm glad that you appreciate the value of product photography, sadly many people don't - and their sales suffer as a result.

Hi Garry,
If you think your book would be of value to a food photographer, I’d love to get a copy?
Fully happy to hop over to Amazon and review for you too!

Hi Garry,
If you think your book would be of value to a food photographer, I’d love to get a copy?
Fully happy to hop over to Amazon and review for you too!
Richard,

It isn't specifically about food photography but is relevant, and I think it will be useful to you. Just send me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Just downloaded it on Amazon Unlimited - does that add anything to the coffers? It looks by part fascinating and frightening to realise how little I know. It is quite readable on the Kindle PC reader, but as you say would be useless on the Kindle format.

Just downloaded it on Amazon Unlimited - does that add anything to the coffers? It looks by part fascinating and frightening to realise how little I know. It is quite readable on the Kindle PC reader, but as you say would be useless on the Kindle format.
Thanks for buying it and yes, the charity does get something, although Amazon gets a lot more:(
Lighting can be a challenging subject and my books are really just an introduction, although hopefully useful ones.

Please leave a review when you've gone though it, reviews really do help with both visibility and sales.

Hi
Can I get a copy of your lighting E-Book without contributing to Jeff Bezos wealth?

Hi
Can I get a copy of your lighting E-Book without contributing to Jeff Bezos wealth?
Yes, just send me a PM with your email address and tell me which book you want.
And, if you want to make a donation to the charity, please feel free to do so at https://www.allforhorses.org.uk/donate

But that isn't a condition and I don't even get told about donations

Excellent read just shows me how much I have to learn.
Have left a positive review on Amazon
Thanks again

Hi Garry

Could I get a copy of your Lighting Magic and Product Lighting ebooks please?
More than happy to make a donation to your favourite charity

Hi Garry

Could I get a copy of your Lighting Magic and Product Lighting ebooks please?
More than happy to make a donation to your favourite charity
No problem. Just send me a PM with your email address

Hi Garry, I've purchased the book from amazon. Fabulous read, love the direct no nonsense approach and would like to print a hard copy off from work printer.

Could you send me a copy of the PDF?
Much appreciated, I'll DM you my email address.

Hi Garry,

I really can’t believe that I’ve only just seen this thread. Are you still offering users free access to your books?

Studio and in location Lighting are now my main bread and butter earners. So I’d love to tap into your knowledge.

That's understandable, it's only been here for 3 years or so :)
No problem, just send me a P.M. with your email address.

Just want to thank Gary for sending me a copy of his book. I've not had chance to read it yet (work gets in the way of fun) but I will leave a review once I have done so. That way I can discuss elements of it I found useful. I will also make a donation to the charity for you Gary.

Back